“WOW is the best way to describe this place : )” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
New York
“WOW is the best way to describe this place : )”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This could be the best value of any vacation I ever went on. The low price made it easy to pluck down hundreds of dollars on park admittance and special meals prepared by Wolfgang Puck!
We enjoyed a spacious two bedroom Suite, with a master bath the size of most living rooms, dining room, kitchen, balcony and two baths. We were minutes from Disney and Universal. The resort had multiple pools, special evening events for the family, tennis, basketball, a water slide, volleyball, mini golf and all built around a sprawling golf course. We meet so many nice people and the consensus was- This place is way UNDER priced and an absolute great value for the dollar!
if you are going to go food shopping, be sure to go to the Target down the road, prices are "Normal" and the food is very fresh.

Room Tip: Book early and watch the rates on multiple sites. By the time we checked in, The rate dropped by $29...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (664)
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed in Mystic Dunes for 8 Days and loved every minute! We had a 2 bedroom villa and it was so clean and beautiful. Had all the amenties of home, washer, dryer, dishwasher, fully equipped kitchen, outdoor patio and jacuzzi in master bedroom. The kids loved the pool. The grounds are immaculate. They have daily activities for kids, mini golf, bike riding, etc..I would def come back again. Location was great. Close to all restaurants and Disney Parks. My family had a great time. The staff were super nice, and friendly. The beds were soooo comfortable. Loved it!!!!

Room Tip: Choose Buildings 22-30. They have the most updated renovated rooms
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Four guys on a golf trip. Very good place for that type of adventure. Fine course, but we were unlucky in timing since greens had just been top dressed with sand. We got a discount and free replay golf for our troubles. Outstanding pro shop. Full of very nice inventory and gracious in offering discounts with multiple purchases. Jason was very accomodating. Cart man and greeter, Pedro, was top notch. Could not have been nicer or more helpful. To be honest, food only average in grille. Comfortable though, and teriffic service from Kelly and from Lisa. Two bedroom condo with lots of space. Very clean. Couch and easy chair have seen better days, but beds were fine and plenty of towels. About two miles to Rt.. 192 with about 25 restaurants within two miles along that strip.

Room Tip: Check out living room furniture. Otherwise beds were just fine.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Pompton Plains, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

After our wonderful week long stay at Mystic Dunes, I returned home only to realize that I had hidden a large sum of money under my mattress and had forgotten to take it home with me!! I was sick about it!! I placed a call to Mystic Dunes and was directed to the Lost and Found Department. I left a message on the answering machine and hoped for the best, but fully expecting the cash was lost to me forever. This morning I received a call from Elvia Rocha, who informed me that she went to the room herself as soon as the present guests had checked out, and she FOUND my money, just where I told her to look! She seemed as happy to tell me she found it as I was to hear it! She made my day and I want her to be recognized for the person of integrity she is! You know, when you lose cash, you realize the chance of getting it back is slim to none! But not at Mystic Dunes!! The honesty of this employee was a blessing to me! And I am truly grateful!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked this through Hotwire with an amazing $56 per night. After reading the reviews, I was concerned about our stay. No - more than concerned - I was downright scared. Enough so,that I wrote hotwire asking if my pre-payment could be applied elsewhere. Enough so that I wrote the company asking what my options were if I were unhappy with room assignement. Enough so that I emailed Stephen J. Cloobeck, the CEO that was recently featured on Undercover Boss. I received responses from NONE of these, so I was stuck. But as a backup, I pre-checked other "back up" hotels in the area. I was perfectly willing to forfeit my prepayment if the room was as bad as the reviews. I share this because I was very pleasantly suprised.

Location: This is just off of 192 - very close to restaurants, grocery stores and most importantly - VERY easy access to all Disney parks, Downtown Disney and I4 which will take you to any of the Orlando attractions.

Grounds: AMAZINGly beautiful!

Check In: I read several negative reviews regarding check in. I did not experience anything less than exemplary. I drove up to the gate - the guard instructed me to the main office (4th stoplight, turn right). The front desk was polite and helpful. They place a $100 deposit / hold on CC at time of check in, but this was vocalized and they also had this portion highlighted on the check in procedures list where I initialed. Most hotels place a $50 - $75 hold, so I didn't feel this was out of line. I was given a booklet explaining the resort and procedures as well as a property map. They went over the locations of our room in relation to the 4 pools, golf course, mini-golf and restaurant. We were not directed to the "sales desk" nor were we approached at this time for the "sales pitch" refererred to by so many.

Dining: The restaurant was a bit pricey, but not out of line with a resort. Our breakfast for 2 was approx $25 but the food was plenty and very good. Lunch was about the same - the burgers were wonderful and I didn't feel it was priced out of line. Dinner was a bit expensive, and in my opinion, not as tasty as either the breakfast or lunch, but it could have just been my choice of meal. It was the only meal I was unimpressed with. There is a children's menu available. The restaurant was never crowded.

Room / condo: You enter the outer door with your key and this opens into a small foyer where there are doors entering into 2 units. There were negative reviews about this, but I liked the security. The smell of this foyer area in our condo was horrible. A plug in or air freshener is definitely needed. Not just a musty smell - more like something died. I was immediately nervous about what to expect opening the door to our room / condo. No need - the smell was contained to this small area and not present in our condo at all. The size was very spacious. Furnishings were sparse, but acceptable. There was a gass table with 4 chairs in dining area. The huge living room consisted of a leather pull out sofa and chair along with coffee tables. There was a massive entertainment center equipped with a DVD player (DVD's availble for rent in the office) and large flat screen TV. The kitchen had 2 bar stools, new appliances - fridge, dishwasher, washer/dryer. There was a coffee maker with a welcome packet. The large king room had a whirlpool in corner, sink, and entertainment center with older TV. There was a screened balcony with table/chairs. The bed is amazingly comfortable and the pillows were FANTASTIC!! There is not daily cleaning service. A negative for some, but I don't clean my house every day and certainly didn't mind it. A small "sacrifice" for the size, amenities, location and cost. These services are available for a fee if requested. Trash pick up is available daily - just place outside your room between 10-11. Furnishings / curtains were dated - think 80's - mirrored walls, etc., but the room itself was immaculate. The older style didn't bother me at all. I definitely heard the family above ours - small kids that were running around - just being kids playing - but we heard every footstep. Also, the room next door had some loud music at 7am - it was like they were in the same room. It served as a good back up alarm.

Bathrooms: the main bath consisted of a toilet, sink, vanity. There were plenty of towels and complimentary soaps / shampoos, etc. As these are not replaced during the stay, you will need to pick up your own for replenishment. A quick trip to the Walgreens for these items took 5 minutes. The shower was clean, but very, very small. A typical stand up shower but not much space. the showerhead could stand to be updated. There was another private toilet located in master - the vanity and whirlpool tub were just in the open. A bit strange layout, but not bad.

Check out: We were asked to load/wash dishes upon exit. Dishwasher soap was provided. We were also asked to place all dirty bed linens and towels in tub. There is a small statement in welcome packet that refers to a cleaning fee if this is not done. I had read about this in some of the reviews, so it wasn't a suprise, but if I had not been aware, I'm not sure I would have noticed it in the small print or location of the information in the welcome packet. I feel that this is notice for those that leave the condo completely trashed rather than the property trying to "hide" the information or backdoor a fee. It's common sense really - not too much to ask in my opinion - - it just helps the cleaning people do their jobs quicker and make the room available for the next guest.

I did stop by the ticket sales desk to purchase park tickets. The person on duty at that time really couldn't pull himself away from whatever he was absorbed in on his computer and rather than try to sell us the tickets, referred us over to the other desk to receive a "really good discount" - - this was in fact where you received a discount to tour the grounds. I declined and ended up purchasing tickets at the park. I didn't mind being offered the chance for the discount - there was no hard sell - - I was more frustrated with the person that couldn't look away from his computer for 30 seconds.

Cell phone reception (I have Verizon) was horrible. I could only have a phone conversation if I went out to balcony and stayed in one position. WiFi connection available for $9.95 / day - I did not use.

All in all - a good stay. Would I stay again? I'm not sure that I'd automatically book at their website and book again, but I wouldn't be upset if it were a Hotwire property on a future reservation. For families with small children - the cons (outdated, a bit noisy, etc.) are outweighed by the space available and the kitchen / washer/dryer. I would take this over a small hotel room any day of the week.

2 Thank Lisa A
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

The ground of this resort are immaculate, the external look of the villas are very nice. The problem the interior is seriously in need of updating, but the jacuzzi is nice and overall clean and safe. Once Diamond renovates the rooms this will be a great overall place too vacation. 4 pools, bike rental and a golf course make this a great place for families. Nice location to the parks. I enjoyed my stay just thought the interior needs improvement.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Miquoe
CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a week-long stay that we booked through Groupon...I was a bit nervous leading up to the trip because lots of negative reviews started popping up here on Trip Advisor. Thankfully they didn't reflect our experience at all.

We had a great stay - yes the rooms that they gave us had not yet been renovated but their location was great, they were clean, everything in them worked and they had what we needed.
Check-in was a breeze.
The pool areas were all very nice with plenty of seating & towels.
Access to I4 and Disney was soooo easy.
We didn't eat on property (other than to cook a few meals on our suite) and we didn't use any of the other recreation (aside from the pools) that they had to offer so I can't comment on those.
My mother-in-law came with us - she had a single suite, we had the 2 bedroom and the nice thing about that was there was a main door that opened to a small area with the 2 room doors...it was nice for our situation since we wanted to be close but I may not have liked that set-up as much if it was a stranger next to us.
Overall we had a great stay and would absolutely stay here again!

There were three things I didn't like about the resort...
1. cell phone service was horrible and the $10/day to get wifi was ridiculous (so we didn't get it).
2. We wanted to play mini golf but the rental counter told us that all clubs needed to be returned by 7:30 (that is SO early and the course is lit so those hours should be extended)
3. We did the timeshare presentation because we were curious and wanted the $75 they offered. We were told it would be 90-120 min. actual time was over 3 hours (and if we had bought it would have been longer!). Our rep that showed us around was Viktoria & she was lovely - very nice & informative and we probably would have bought if it wasn't for the salesman who conducted the introductory session. His name was Dan and he was your typical "oily" salesman with the fake smile, gold jewelry, ultra-white teeth & slicked back hair...Sadly his actions & responses to us were not at all appropriate. It would take me too long to type them here but I am working on a complaint letter to send to Diamond Resorts.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank ToysCT
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Grande Villas Resort
Grande Villas Resort
#4 of 17 in Orlando
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,417 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!