“First Trip to Disney World!”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My husband's friend offered us a week of his time share, this is how we ended up at Mystic Dunes from March 23-30, 2013. My family and I have been talking about visiting Disney for quite a while now so we figured we'd take advantage of this generous offer. In terms of the condo, I knew what I wanted, especially after reading all of the reviews on TA.(Thanks everybody!) My girls (7,9) wanted to be near the lagoon pool, I wanted top floor for quiet and a renovated suite. We checked in around 11:00 and our condo was ready for us. The girl at the check-in was less than friendly and handed over our keys before I even had a chance to request anything. I was hoping to upgrade to a 2 bedroom but they were completely overbooked so a 1 bedroom would have to do. I asked for a renovated unit and she told me none of the units have been renovated yet which I found strange because everybody on TA wrote about the renovated rooms. We took the keys and went to check out the condo. It was near a smaller pool which was nice and on a top floor so that made me happy. When I opened the door, I was totally disgusted! The appliances in the kitchen that were suppossed to be white, yellowed over time and the whole place just very dated. I knew that I wouldn't be happy here for a week. After going out for lunch, we returned to the main desk
and made sure to speak to someone else. I ended up talking to the manager and she offered us another condo, this one "refurbished". I asked her why was I told that no units have been renovated yet and she told me that the staff have to say that because Diamond (who recently took over) hasn't started renovating units. The "refurbished units" were fixed up about 2 years ago by the previous owner of the property. That was good enough for me! The unit we enede up in was a 1 bedroom in building 16 with a modern kitchen, beautiful appliances, newer bathroom and comfy beds. I really wanted a 2 bedroom however the space was quite large and we were very comfortable.
Overall we were very happy at Mystic Dunes. The property is huge and well maintained. My kids loved the heated pool and the proximity to the parks is incredible; under 10 minutes when you take Sherberth Rd. The 192 is kind of a cheesy strip with many fast food restaurants and gift shops however the Super Target and the Publix were great. We came for the parks and the parks were amazing! My girls had the time of their lives, despite record low temperatures. We are looking forward to returning to the Disney area in the near future and yes, I would consider staying at Mystic Dunes again!

Room Tip: Demand a renovated suite!
Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bonjoy16

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This resort is in an excellent location if going to Disney World. Only a few minutes to Target and many restaurants.

Condo was very clean, kitchen has everything you need to cook meals. Beds are very comfy, glat screen TV in the living room and grounds are beautiful. Will definitely stay here again. Stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Village 3 years ago and Mystic Dunes is just as good and 1/2 the price

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Coffeequeenee
Reviewed April 1, 2013

While I certainly wouldn't waste my money on a time share here, rentals of time share units are worth every penny! We rented a one bedroom villa through Priceline for $106 a night during Spring Break when most properties are over priced. The rooms were a bit dated, or tired, which may be the reason they can be had through Priceline cheap. I suspect the higher end "new" stuff is held for the time share pitch stays and/or owners. In either case, the condo/rooms were laid out linearly. Bedroom had a two-seater whirlpool tub and the beds were pretty comfortable which I find to be a rarity for a hotel/resort, as I normally walk away with a sore back. The kitchen was nothing special, but good size and the serving area is a breakfast bar with some pretty uncomfortable seating. The living area is good size, but sorely lacks a chair to go along with the couch/pull-out sleeper. We made use of the pull-out for the kids, which left no seating in the living area. A place this size needs a chair. While I understand the need to use mostly tile, I think they should consider carpeting the living area. The only thing carpeted is the bedroom. The TV's are 8-10 year old "box" TV's, which is bit cheezy for a nice resort like this. The room was mostly clean, just in need of paint and caulk touch up. When we first arrived at about 9:00 pm, there was garbage, towels, and toilet paper strewn all over the entrance balconies, and this was outside of of several rooms, not just one. Additional towels and toilet paper are delivered to your room in plastic bags, and visitors are told to place garbage outside their room before 10 am. I think the problem is you end up with bags thrown out on the balcony entry ways the night before and then a few trouble makers "spread the charm". The property and landscape was beautiful, and well taken care of. They had pool games and scuba lessons pool side, which was very cool. The pool bar was run by one person, which became difficult on busier days, and they might want to consider adding a person that could serve drinks poolside as I am sure they could raise the take on drinks. All-in-all, we were pleased and would definitely stay again for the money. At $106 a night, it was an EXCEPTIONAL VALUE!

1  Thank travelinJberries
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights recently. The property is very pretty, a step up from average but not what I would call "luxury". The unit we stayed in was roomy, and clean. The furnishings were fine. The beds were comfortable. The unit we stayed in a a little bit of a weird smell - not terrible but a little odd. The pools were nice and it was about 25 minutes from Universal Studios, which we visited. The ONLY negative was the bar tender at the larger pool bar was not pleasant. Everything else was great.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband, three kids and I stayed for 5 nights (March 23-28). I got a great deal by booking through Hotwire - - I originally booked a one bedroom suite but sent an email directly to the hotel and asked for an upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. Thanks to Kristin for making this happen! We couldn't have been happier. The grounds and pools were well maintained - - always clean and plenty of chairs available even during spring break week. We stayed on the 5th floor of building 31 which I highly recommend. We had a beautiful view of the pool at our building and it was an easy walk to the larger dunes pool and the garden pool. Our room was huge and felt like home! We loved the screened in patio and the comfort and convenience of the kitchen, dining area, in-room washer and dryer, and living room. It was great having a second bathroom and the master bath had two sinks! Although the rooms still had tube TV sets, I won't complain...I didn't go on vacation to watch TV. The beds were very comfortable too - - always slept peacefully. The front desk staff was helpful and I wasn't pressured into any timeshare presentations. It was centrally located to LEGOLAND, Universal and Disney parks. It's right off of 192 which has plenty of options for restaurants and shops. We'd stay here again!

Room Tip: Request a room in building 31 - - close to the pools and great view of the pool and grounds.
2  Thank JocFlo
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We just stayed here this past Spring Break, and what an excellent value for the price we paid! We booked a 1-bedroom for $415 and some change for 5 nights, and were very happy with Mystic Dunes. Check-in was fumbly, although very friendly the front desk host had the hardest time counting back 4 dollars and a nickle change to us, said he didn't have a calculator, we paid 420 in cash, we opted to sign up for the 1 hour time share, (which you absolutly do NOT have to do) the next morning, it lasted a little less than an hour, this is where we found out we were staying in the older units, and it wasn't pushy at all, we got free pizza, free bike rentals, free putt-putt and free tennis by doing so, and we also got a free 3 night 2 day vacation to use within 18 months. So it was worth the hour of our time. There is a $100.00 resort fee upon check-in, which we promptly got back within 2 days after leaving. Our condo was appealing, our bed was super comfortable, I have never slept better! The pillows were awesome also. The tv's could be updated along with wireless internet availability. Although we could connect to ethernet, it was inconvenient and slow. The kitchenette was nice and offered the basics we needed. The hide-a-bed in the living room couch was not so comfortable and the kids didn't sleep well on it. The living room light wasn't placed over the table, and the guys kept hitting their heads on it, would be nice if they put a hugger mounted light in it's place. We felt secure and safe in the resort and it was a very easy commute to the attractions. We bought our tickets at the main office and got a great deal on them. We would stay again without looking anywhere else because the value for the price was so good for this wonderful resort.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the moment I walked onto the property, I knew that I was in the best place for my business trip plus my family's vacation. All the staff, from the front desk to the housekeepers are friendly and very efficient. They are warm and gracious, always going above my expectations for such a large resort. I recently had knee replacement surgery and was having trouble with my scooter rental and delivery. The front desk immediately understood my dilemma and took the initiative to handle all the details...and this is such a busy week here...their follow up was amazing and they didn't miss a beat. Being an owner of a small hotel myself, I am extremely critical of all details - and this place is top notch...I will definitely return! A great group of people + a beautiful property with all the amenities you need!

PS>>>Great beds and the best pillows!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
#84 of 341 in Orlando
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#27 of 154 in Kissimmee

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!