“Looooved it!!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Naples, Florida
“Looooved it!!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Mystic Dunes was amazing!! Great service and the location is perfect for a Disney trip. The room (or should I say apartment lol) was huuuge!! Two bedrooms, super comfy beds, fully stocked kitchen and loooved the whirlpool hot tub in the master bedroom!! My expectations were beyond exceeded and I can't wait to stay there again!!

5 Thank Katie D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We arrived late at night ...10:30 p.m. uh..well felt later..hahaha..Kelly at front desk was wonderful!!! She checked us in quickly and with a smile!!! Oh and gave us a suggestion on where to order take out since their dining ended at 9. The 2 bedroom suite was gorgeous with golfcourse in our backyard ....great enclosed patio dining area....yes the leather livingroom is quite manley...mostly golfers here...great food at clubhouse!!! Chicken Picatta was wonderful!!!Great resort great pools with fun activities!!!Even my grandson did water exercise class with me!!! Instructor was amazing, had us all having fun!!!! Will be back!!!!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are the best!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank MammaMia61
Augusta, Maine
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I must admit I had some concerns after reading some of the reviews here so I was pleasantly surprised by our experience. We had a one bedroom suite in building 18. It was quite spacious, clean and had a well equipped kitchen.
It is close to the Celebration area so we were able to make our own breakfast, get to the parks at the opening bell and hit all the 'desirables'... Then in the early afternoon we came back, ate lunch & relaxed. After an early dinner we could return to the parks for the evening activities.
The staff also we great.
We liked this property and plan on returning.

Room Tip: There's a better super market further down 192.
3 Thank kennyh421
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I absolutely loved my 3 night stay! I was a little weary due to negative reviews! The staff was friendly and professional. The 2 bedroom villa was clean, comfortable, and bigger than my condo at home! I will definately return to Diamond Resorts in the future.

4 Thank Jennifer K
Antioch, Illinois
Reviewed February 26, 2013

There are lots of resort options in Orlando - this place is going to really have to up the ante if they want to become more than a low end option at high end prices.

We started off on a bad note when our Garmin could locate the resort. All the literature and confirmation we received for our booking gave Celebration as the address. It was not to be found. We called the 800 number on the information and started driving thinking we'd get a corrected address or directions shortly - we were on hold waiting for someone to pick up for 25 minumtes when we finally hung up. By this time we were navigating blindly (poor planning on our part as I usually print out a map of where we are going, but this time relied on the Garmin only), and luckily ended up going toward Kissamee where the resort is actually located. We finally found information searching the internet with my iPhone (horrible reception in this area on Sprint) and got a direct number for Mystic Dunes. Finally a real person to speak with and not Stephen J. Cloobeck's (Undercover Boss anyone?) annoying voice telling us how great his resorts are while we waited on hold.

The resort is large, with multiple 4 story buildings and pools around the complex. We waited in line to check in, but our room wasn't ready. We were told we were getting an upgraded unit in building 29 and could pick up our key after 4pm - no problem, we changed our clothes and headed to Universal Studios for a few hours. We returned around 6 - got our key to the room and went to our 'upgraded' unit.

We had a one bedroom unit that was attached to another unit so there was one door to enter, then you chose your door to you half of the unit after that. The outer door looked like someone had tried to break in, the bottom was dented and the paint was chipped as if someone had kicked it repeatedly. Near the top it looked as if someone had taken a crow bar and tried to pry the door open. Not a great first impression. Inside wasn't much better. The decor was dated (I'm ok with this as long as it's comfortable and clean - problem was it was it wasn't). The refrigerator looked as if it had been painted - to cover up stains, rust? There was one couch and the TV in the living room and no other furniture, although there was room for it. It seemed rather empty and forelorn. The bathroom was pretty beatup with mold in the shower and pieces of the outer laminate on the vanity broken off. There was also a toothpick in the shower - kinda gross. The windows were also pretty dirty.

On the positive side the bed was comfortable and the linens clean although the carpet looked rather dirty. The window in the bedroom of this unit was directly off the exterior walkway so unless you had the drapes shut all day - you could see directly into the bedroom. Also the lighting was particularly bad, so with the drapes shut it made for a pretty dark room. Not a big fan of the jacuzzi in the bedroom as well, but that's just a personal preference.

The pool near our complex was heated and nice and not crowded. We didn't golf but the course looked decent.

We were only here for 2 full days, if it had been longer we would have switched rooms or gone to a different resort. We did the time share speil and were told that they are renovating the resort and are a third of a way through. Our room needed a top to bottom overhaul so they have their work cut out for them. When they are done it might be worth it, but we were not impressed and would not return.

Location seemed ok for Disney - a bit far from Universal and some of the other attractions.

Room Tip: don't take room 402 in building 29.
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed February 26, 2013

After exchanging for Mystic Dunes for our second week in Orlando,Feb. 14-24-13 (after spending a week at the Hilton Tuscany Resort) we were not sure what to expect. Some of the review were not sterling. Our experience was very positive. Our one bedroom condo was spacious, beautifully appointed, very clean and had everything that we could ask for as for as equipment, (washer, dryer, blender, coffee maker, etc..). The golf course was in great shape and the location was very close to Disney and I-4. We definitely would stay here again. E. Burk

Room Tip: We were in building 13 which was one of the smaller units, I think this made parking much easier.
New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Although the acomodations were very good the experience on buying a time share were very poor. I had a interest in buying a time share and we were very close on price. I was told I would receive a coupon for a free 3 night stay to visit. At the end of the presentation I was told they ran out of certificates and they would mail me one, I still haven't received it as of yet. I also had a problem checking it, they couldn't find my reservation and it took a long time to check in.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and get a Villa
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 153 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,731 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!