“Good Price for a Condo but beware the Sale Vultures”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Was able to get a good deal on HW. Didn't know we were coming to this Resort but nice. When we arrived very nice landscape and clean. The front desk was very nice. But they told me to turn around to the desk to Receive my "Vacation Package" do a tour for 75 dollars I told her NO so she said 100 dollars 90 mins " I'll Be a fool to say no for 100 dollars"
Room was clean, A big old TV in the living room. Mismatched couches. Mirrors everywhere. The bed wasn't that nice to me and my wife. No dishwasher.
The sales people Saturday Morning was very pushy. Talked to me over 2 hour about vacations and how getting a vacation from Diamond and Get POINTS will be my best chose for life. He didn't show me nothing. Sent me to 2 managers before I was able to leave. Why should I pay so much money to stay when I can go online and pay 1/3 the price for the same. VERY NICE PLACE but timeshare isn't for use. Very high maintenance fee.

Room Tip: Very good location. Do the tour if you are sure you are willing to buy. If you do the tour be in for...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank RJ2k21
Write a ReviewReviews (3,230)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I read the reviews after I booked leaving me aTnxious to what I would find upon checkin. To my surprise, it was better than I remember. The people at the counter were very helpful. The condo was a two bedroom with all admenities. The building #22 was close to the pool.

Room Tip: Second level building 22 close to pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank merceede
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I took my family in Orlando during Veterans Weekend to celebrate my son's birthday. Like some of the reviewers here, I too was unsure of booking to Mystic Dune due to some of the negative review. Upon check in, I ask in the front desk if can have the a newer unit which they found one available and gave us right away. Checking in was a breeze, it took less than 5 minutes. I had reserved for a one bedroom villa.

First of all, our unit was clean and spotless. Our back view is the golf course and the front is the pool which has a slide and waterfall. There was a decent size jacuzzi in the master's bedroom, washer/dryer in the hallway, almost fully equipped kitchen and queen size bed on the couch. My only wishlist on this unit is to have a stove,dishwasher and a formal dining table. Since we had some guest over for dinner, it was uncomfortable eating and talking off the kitchen counter top. These are not really a big deal, but my family and I have stayed at other resorts before and we always have a dining table and at least a dishwasher. Other than that, our unit was fine.

This property close to so many restaurants and stores. Disney is less than 10 minutes away. Yes, I would stay here again. Overall, my kids enjoyed the the pool and the jacuzzi in our bedroom.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading the reviews my friend and i, were a little worried about staying here. We looked at some other places but this one sounded the best for the price it was advertised for. When we drove into the driveway my friend said to me are you sure this is we're we are staying? the landscaping is pristine and there is a guarded gate. We asked the guard where we check in and he told us exactly where to go check in. our check in experience was very good, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. we were given a card to claim a universal gift if we presented it to a desk in the rear of the check in area. they asked us if we wanted to do the tour for buying a time share and we said no and they didn't push it. when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised, yes the appliances are outdated but the rooms are huge and very clean. through out our stay the staff were very helpfully and courteous I would recommend this place to any one I know. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels and, are the appliances at the 5 star level no, but the service and everything else is what you would expect at a 5 star hotel. When you compare their price they are the best. I will stay again and recommend it to friends!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My parents have had their timeshare here since 2001. It has changed hands several times and has definitely grown since then. There are three pool areas, one which has a waterfall and slide. The other two are a little more low key (fewer kids). My parents, fiance and I just went this October and it was gorgeous. The pools are heated in the off season, so they can always be enjoyed! We had one of their "newly renovated" rooms. They updated the kitchen, living room, bathrooms,and bedding. The washer and dryer are very loud and the beds in the guest room are a little hard for my liking (that's just me though). Otherwise the timeshare was very comfortable. The "store" on site is very VERY small. That being said there are mainstream shops 5 minutes away. It is in a good location. Close enough to Disney and the other main theme parks but not too crowded of an area. We even drove to Clearwater, only 1.5 hours, so not too bad. The employees were friendly. I would recommend it for a family visiting the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank acannizzosteiner
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed here for a week in February. We were on a ground level apartment the first few days, but we had some issues with cockroaches in the kitchen. We were obviously very grossed out by this, but they promptly moved us to another building on the 3rd floor. We were a little further away from the pools, but at least we had a piece of mind of no more cockroaches. There is a bus that shuttles you back and forth to the Disney resorts. I forget the exact times, but it was pretty convenient. We had a rental car, but didn't want to bring it to the Disney resorts, so we did take advantage of this service. There is lots of restaurants, and shopping next to this resort, but you do need a rental car. Trust me. We were debating this before we left, but we would have been lost without the car. Very clean place, we will def stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank martincurran55
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Is one of the best complex in Celebration, convenient, new construction, updated, clean. This is a time share with golf course. Close to I-4 near by disney , supermarket, all near by. We had a pleasant stay, a very good taking care apartmnet 2 bedrooms, jacuzzi, poll, restaurants inside. I recomend this place!!! The entrance is beautiful and all buildings and property very clean and beautiful,the furniture of the apartment was beautifu decoratedl. one room the master has large room, jacuzzi, huge bathroom, second room 2 queen beds, living room was large, kitchen and decoration beautiful and all brand new. This is a new resort...all buildings have their own pool.

Room Tip: I will request first floor apartment.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank A V O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#85 of 342 in Orlando
Quality Inn & Suites By The Parks

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!