“Loved Our Stay .. But No Outdoor Jacuzzi??”

Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Celebration
Boston, MA
“Loved Our Stay .. But No Outdoor Jacuzzi??”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was very hesitant after reading some not so favorable reviews, but I must say we had a very nice unit. When we checked in I asked for a newer building, but they were completely booked, but she did give us a newly remodeled older unit. It was not the unit we were supposed to be in, so I think there are some older units that have not been remodeled yet .. not sure what they look like. Our unit (Bldg 15, #206) was very nice, even though there should be a few more chairs in the living room (plenty of room for them). I did think the unit was a bit dark and the lighting not so great, but it was clean and spacious. I found the beds to be comfortable and meant to ask housekeeping if they had any feather pillows, but never did get around to it. We asked for extra toilet paper and soap and they brought it to us without hesitation. The grounds are very nice and we never had a problem getting a chaise lounge at the pool. I would recommend bringing a beach towel as the towels at the pool (if you get one - although they do put them in the units) are very skimpy. We were only about 10 min to Disney and 20 min to Sea World. You should rent a car .. many restaurants in the immediate area on Rte. 192. We had lunch delivered to the pool a few times .. no need to walk to Kenzies. Be aware that they include a tip on your bill .. even if you just get a drink at the tiki hut at the pool. I didn't know at first and the bartender never mentioned it .. I way overtipped. My husband played the golf course several times and enjoyed it .. although a very tough course. The front desk will print out your boarding passes for you if you are flying home, but go later at night because the front desk does get really busy. The one thing I did miss was not having a jacuzzi at any of the pools there. They said it is because there is a jacuzzi tub in the room - NOT THE SAME THING! However, I would definitely consider going there again. They are soon to be taken over by Diamond International Resorts .. who knows - maybe they will add a jacuzzi!

Room Tip: Ask for a newer unit .. or a newly remodeled unit.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EastCoastGirl1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
Overland Park, KS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2011

I have never written a review before but use this site all the time to ensure we make good hotel decisions, The Mystic Dunes resort is now the standard we will measure all others against - it was truly a beautiful place and the 2 bedroom 2 bath we rented was spacious and very clean - a terrific experience and the ladies in the office were always smiling and pleasant - very nice!!

The resort grounds and amenities were first class and the place was so very quiet - it was a truly great vacation and I am so glad we found this place - we will be back!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike_KS_2011
Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

We stayed at Mystic Dunes for 9 days for a vacation with a 7 year old child. We were there to visit Disney, Seaworld and shop a bit. Althought this place is beautiful and the staff very nice and helpful, people wanting to do similar things should be aware of a few things. In retrospect, we would have rented a care from the beginning. The resort though in Celebration is a bit far out compared to other places. It has a shuttle service to DIsney and Seaworld but they only run once in the moring and in the evening. A taxi cab ride is going to cost you about 30 dollars one way to Disney (depending on what park you are going to). A taxi cab ride to the airport is about 60 to 70 dollars one way. To even go get groceries (as the kitchenette was one of the things that we found attractive) would have cost you 20 to 25 dollars. If you are staying a week, a car rental will pay for itself. They have a restaurant( at the clubhouse) on site but it can be a bit of a ways from your condo so walking is a must unless you want to bug there onsite shuttle service every time you go. We chose to walk most times.
The units are clean and well kept. The staff is pleasant and helpful. We had no issues with getting towels or having our garbage changed as some reported. Plus you have a washer and dryer anyways. The pools are great and lots of families are there to make it fun for a family vacation. The grounds are spectacular. Coming from the snow and cold in Canada it was a welcome site!

1 Thank Paris1973
Alexandria, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2011

I took 6 boys to this resort for Spring Break. The rooms were extremely nice. The master bedroom was amazing.The beds are comforable. The rooms were very big and definately clean. I booked my 2bdr 2 bath online. No timeshare tour necessary. We went to the pool with the waterslide. It was big. There were plenty of pool chairs and also towels. There is a bar there too where you can get soft drinks or mixed drinks and can bill your room for you or you can pay cash. They also have a spa there. There are also craft items that the kids can make at a reasonable price. Very reasonably priced. Close to the parks. I am rebooking another stay for the end of Summer just so my husband can visit this place. I was in building 28 room 207.

1 Thank Kimberly R
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

I'm the go-to person for my familes vacation planning. I found Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Resort because it most closely matched the accommadations I was looking for. I read many reviews.. many bad many good. They have have very interactive facebook page where the staff ACTUALLY responds to questions. So for about two months prior to my trip I questioned them about every bad review I found and they were more than happy to reassure me that I was making a great choice by choosing to stay with them.

When I pulled up the the entrance gate i was floored. It was spectacularly beautiful. Very impressive but I was still anxious to see our room. We reserved the 3 bedroom. We were directed to the office to check in...we were promptly greeted with friendly smiles and hello's. We drove to our building adn our room was on the third floor corner suite. We opened the door into a private entry way with two seperate doors. We went into the first door....jaws dropped! It exceeded our expectations. Huge livingroom, dining room and kitchen. Went into the room with the double beds it was nice. Went into the King master suite...AMAZING! Large deep sunk in jaccuzzi spa tub, walk in shower, vanity, seperate room with the toilet...his & her seperate sinks, private entry onto the private enclosed patio/balcany with great views of the golf course. We went into the 2nd room it had a master Queen suite with it's own kitchen, bathroom and living room. Both livingrooms had modern flat screen televisions.

The staff was very attentive...it didn't matter what time of day or night...anything we requested was done in a timely fashion with a smile. By far the BEST resort my family and I have ever stayed in. Staying there was like a vacation within our vacation. We will definantly be returning.

Room Tip: Talk to them on Facebook
2 Thank Krisluvoh
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Started ou for 4 nights 5 days but after being there for the 3 days we had decided to stay
for the rest of the week .
The girls in the office jennifer and Tabitha were great with anything I needed great help.
It rained one day took the kids to activite center and my grandson had a blast doing
arts and crafts I wish i could rembe the girls names that worked because they were awsom too .
This place is worth the stay thanks for a great stay.

Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

After reading some reviews, I was a little apprehensive about our stay here. We have always stayed at a WDW Deluxe hotel. But, we have two teens and having the space and bedding is key! The check in line did take some time, but there was NO tour to take for time share like some people posted. Upon arrival of condo, I was pleasantly surprised. 2 BD/2 BA - tons of space and the kitchen was fully equiped with utensils and cookware. I was told to bring all soaps, toiletries, etc, and all of it was furnished. The housekeeping staff immediately brought over an ironing board cover. The only thing that did not work for us ws the shuttle to WDW - the times just didn't work. But, we do 2 parks a day, so your parking pass for $14.00/day works at multiple parks. We came back to the condo every late afternoon - swim, basketball, shower, etc., ate dinner out, then back to another park that night. We would stay there again. We were in unit 21 - unit 405 - top floor - had an elevator and luggage carts. One thing that could be improved - add WiFi to the condos!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Celebration
Melia Orlando Suite Hotel at Celebration
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#22 of 152 in Kissimmee
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,702 reviews

Been to Mystic Dunes Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!