“$100 down the drain!! 4th time leaving an empty place mad mad MAD!”

Island Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I keep trying to give this restaurant a chance every time I come to Cedar Key, and every single bloody time I leave mad and feeling ripped off. Every single time we come in the restaurant is empty. We are never given the bar menu you see on the website. The uppity restaurant menu offers almost no variety. Our total bill was almost $100!!! for average wine, 2 mostly greenery-filled salads and 2 adequate pies! Ridiculous! The waitress was artificial and our service was slow, and we left her no tip. Never ever again are we coming here. Four strikes and you are out! Not worth it!

5  Thank cee m

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The Island Hotel was fantastic. We had eaten at one of the restaurants on the main strip on the water the night before, and I was beyond disappointed. But the Island Hotel dinner was soooo good! The filet was out of this world and melted in my mouth! The escargot were plump and cooked perfectly. They have a great, casual but elegant atmosphere. The wait staff was outstanding. After experiencing dinner at two other places while in Cedar Key, I decided that this is really the only place to get a proper dinner (even if it is a little pricey!).

Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I ate here tonight and made a HUGE mistake. All three members of my party ordered the crab bisque. The $11.50 bowls were kind of small, but that's okay. I knew there was a problem with the very first bite. The bisque had a nice flavor, but it was completely overwhelmed by huge quantities of salt. I mean, I have never in my life tasted something so salty, and I am a fan of salt. There is no way that the bisque we had is the normal recipe that seems to be enjoyed by many. Although we complained to our waitress, she stated that it was their original recipe and could not reduce our check. In the end, we left over $33 worth of crab bisque on our table, and we came back to our rental home and made ham sandwiches.

This experience kind of put a damper on the whole meal, but we did enjoy the heart of palm salad immensely, and our server was very friendly.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

might have been off night, but the Crab Bisque was more bisque than crab.

We had a long wait getting our check.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Celebrating our 23rd anniversary, this restaurant was the perfect choice for atmosphere, romance and excellent food. We began by sharing escargot sauteed in butter, white wine and herbs and a wonderful Indonesian carrot curry soup. The "Clams Island Hotel" , steamed Cedar Key clams in white wine, garlic and butter served over pasta was superb. A trio of shrimp, scallops and redfish sauteed in garlic and olive oil was equally delicious. The server constantly supplied baskets of crisp cracker bread and rolls. Bottled water in decorative containers was served compliments of the house.
My husband is retired from 46 years in the hospitality industry and I am a personal chef. We were very pleased with the quality and elegance of this meal.

1  Thank panamanorth

Been to Island Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!