“Hole in the wall, bad sweet tea.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Big Deck Raw Bar

Big Deck Raw Bar
Ranked #6 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Montgomery, Alabama
“Hole in the wall, bad sweet tea.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our hotel clerk recommended this and when I saw it I was concerned whether it was safe to eat there. She recommended the blackened grouper sand which which I had and liked pretty well. My husband had the muffuletta which was good but didn't look like like any muffuletta we had ever had before. It had a spicy sauce on it. Their sweet tea tasted like it had gone bad.

Visited December 2013

Birmingham, Al
“Didn't taste like grouper”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Was at the Big Deck last week and my husband and I each ordered a grouper sandwich. At first glance the fish did not look like a grouper to me. It was too flat. After tasting, I mentioned the fishy taste and wondered if it truly was grouper. We went to another restaurant the next night and had an awesome piece of grouper. It was tender, succulent and NOT flat nor fishy tasting. That experience was all the confirmation that I needed regarding my doubts about the Big Decks grouper sandwich NOT being grouper.

• Visited December 2013
Hampton
“My 50th Birthday Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This bar and restaurant is great and friendly I celebrated my 50th birthday at this place the owner's was nice enough to bring in friends of my to sing on Friday and Saturday night also.

• Visited November 2013
“ First pick for chillaxin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We come to cedar key 2 months every year and enjoy bicycling or kayaking to this place (we land the yaks at the beach and walk) for a laid back lunch. Our faves are the deep fried pretzel!, the grouper sandwich and of course, local clams, plus a beer. This is a cool, laid back place that is open aired. Yeah, sometimes it's loud...music or football. Yeah, rarely there's a lazy or rude waitress...they get weeded out...but the regular staff have been there forever and are great. Hey! It's an island you drive over an hour to get to...enjoy the vibe.

“Loved it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Had a great grouper sandwich for lunch! Then went back for a night cap!! Service was excellent!! All the customers were so friendly!!

Been to Big Deck Raw Bar? Share your experiences!