“Tony's in "A MUST" in Cedar Key!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tony's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Illinois
“Tony's in "A MUST" in Cedar Key!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

We have been to Cedar Key a number of times and always eat at Tony's. The Chowder is the best ever, and the rest of the food is fresh, tasty and well prepared. Good service tops off a very pleasant meal each time we dine there. And now they will ship the chowder to us by FedEx, so we can enjoy it at home. Tony's is the BEST!!!

Florida
“Go for Lunch and Have the Chowder”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

My husband and I had lunch at Tony's. I ordered the "World Champion Clam Chowder" and it was absolutely delicious. We're originally from New England, and we're pretty particular about clam chowder, but there was something about this one that we couldn't identify that made it unique and special. My husband had the fried oyster sandwich plate, and it was very average. We don't recall the exact prices, but not they were not the best value. Even so, the chowder made it worth going for lunch. The room is plainly furnished with no soft surfaces to absorb sound, so it's acoustically very loud - even with only a few tables of customers the place is very noisy.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jacksonville, Florida
“Tony's has great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2009

We've visited Cedar Key a number of times over the past few years. Every time we go, we end up at Tony's Seafood. Cedar Key is small and there aren't very many restaurants to begin with. A number of them are average, but when I'm on vacation I want to eat good food. Tony's seafood has never let us down. Never a bad meal. First of all, you'll see/hear a lot about their clam chowder. It's awesome, the best I've ever had. In fact, I had some every time we ate there. Don't bother with a cup. Start with at least a bowl. Note that the "Super Bowl" is a meal, so don't order anything else with it. The steamed clams are excellent, having been steamed with some butter & garlic, and served on top of pasta. You can't get clams any more fresh than this. They're literally coming off of boats, being washed, and taken to the restaurant. We also tried their combination fried dinners, ordering the grouper, oysters, & scallops - all excellent. The service could be a bit slow if it's busy, but we never waited very long. Just remember, Cedar Key is laid back and it's time to relax, so don't rush things.

1 Thank Gatorlover15
Ocala FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect seafood restaurant with great food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

If you want to visit a seafood restaurant and have the old time fisherman's feeling, then Tony's is the place to go. The food is well prepared and the service is great. You will be made to feel at home and the Chef will greet you if possible. Be sure to try the FAMOUS CLAM CHOWDER. For a special treat, take some home. Well worth the awards given for the FAMOUS CLAM CHOWDER. You will ENJOY!!!!!! The ride to Cedar Key is very relaxing with hardly any traffic and scenic.

1 Thank dolores35
Panama City, Florida
“I'm convinced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

I was prepared to be underwhelmed. I'm from New England and I've eaten a lot of chowder. But, it really is that good. I think the secret ingredient is cheddar cheese. Whatever it is, the chowder is fantastic.

I've had 3 meals from Tony's. A grouper sandwich was excellent although I don't know why I have to pay $1 extra for broiled. We had a lasagne dinner special with salad and garlic toast. For $7.99, it was a great deal and delicious - I like the use of sausage and not too heavy on the cheese. I loved the chowder. It is not cheap - $7.99 for a bowl no more than 10 ounces. We will be back to Cedar Key and we will eat at Tony's again.

1 Thank BamaVol