“Awesome Chowder”

Tony's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Melbourne, Florida
“Awesome Chowder”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Of course, Tony's is known for their award winning Clam Chowder and did not disppoint us. Discovered it is also available at the Publix grocery stores. Small restaurant but very clean; service was good and wait staff very friendly but professional. Returned for their key lime pie !

1 Thank BSK328

aol
“Good chowder but...”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Chowder is very good, heavy on clams and not potatoes but everything else was pricey and not up to the same quality.

1 Thank js3434jax
Groveland
“June blues”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We always stop at Tony's at least once when visiting CK and usually have a good experience as we're big fans of the chowder. This time out wasn't as good, though. We stopped in mid-week for lunch and I ordered the fish sandwich with potato salad and a cup of chowder; my wife had the grilled cheese/chowder combo. The chowder was pretty good, but wasn't the same as last time; don't know if they're tweaking the recipe but it was noticeably blander and had a lot more potato than clams. Our sandwiches came out several minutes later and it wasn't until after the waitress left that I noticed I had been served an oyster sandwich and not fish. Oh well, I like oysters too and I didn't feel like waiting for the correct order so I dug in....and bit into a big chunk of shell. It cracked so hard my wife heard it, but miraculously no damage done. No problems with the rest of them but as much as I like oysters, these didn't have much flavor in the oyster or coating. My wife was disappointed in her sandwich too; you'd think for the price they'd use something besides American singles but this was your basic kiddie cheese sandwich. We noticed the quality decline in other places downtown as well and wondered if it was just a slow season, mid-week thing. We'll still give Tony's another chance; hopefully it'll be better next time.

• Visited June 2014
Winter Haven, Florida, United States
“Excellent clam chowder”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Tony's is a 3 time award winner for their clam chowder. It's the best I ever ate! They will even FedEx it to your home.

1 Thank Marilyn H
Highlands, North Carolina
“Forget the chowder!”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Yes, the chowder is delicious, but the fish sandwich is truly great, with enough perfectly fried fish to share with someone, good tarter sauce and a great side salad that is much more than just ice berg & tomato. High ceilings make it loud when crowded but it's worth it . Service can be spotty but cheerful, remember, you're on an island, enjoy the laid-back vibe!

• Visited May 2014