“World Champion Clam Chowder”

Tony's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Tony won the World Championship for his clam chowder three times and then retired his recipe to the Clam Chowder Hall of Fame. You have to try it. You won't be disappointed. Great dinner menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We grabbed a quart to go. This is darn good chowder. I wasn't a big chowder fan but I am now. I'm glad some grocers are starting to stock it.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This was our second night here. (we ate at The Island hotel and restaurant the night before), We were warmly greeted when we arrived and there was a musician playing acoustic guitar during our meal. The server made fresh coffee for us and the restaurant was very accommodating when we asked for our food to be prepared some other way than fried.

We ordered the seafood platter which we shared but it had fried items on it listed on the menu. We asked for fried items to be sauteed. Everything was excellent on this platter. We weren't crazy about having to clean our own crab (you get two whole ones), The clam chowder is New England style and even though my husband likes the Manhattan style, he tried it anyway. It was EXCELLENT! I don't like clam chowder but I would order this myself when we go again.

Pricing was actually less than the previous nigh and food and service was better.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We actually ate at Tony's based on a TripAdvisor rating of 5 stars. It didn't disappoint us! Lunch is affordable (between $7 and $15 for sandwiches and platters). We thought the dinner prices were a bit steep, but then again, you are getting some pretty fresh seafood and large portions. We definitely came to try the clam chowder, which was heavenly. It's a big deal, people. Also had a blackened grouper sandwich, which was very good. The only negative thing about experience was that we arrived on a Saturday at about 11:30am and they only had the small dining room upfront available. We were quoted 20 minutes, came back and they said it would be 15 more minutes. The rest of the restaurant was closed off because they only had 2 waitresses working. Stuff happens, I guess. There were plenty of fun things to do while we waited. We went to the Historical Museum next door and the kids also had fun playing down by the water and collecting mussels. Later that weekend, we ended up in a restaurant in Dunnellon, FL, which also served Tony's Clam Chowder! We ordered it again. It's that good.

1  Thank Bookwormblonde
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't ready for my first bite of chowder. Definitely original. It's Cedar Key style. Far cry from New England and Manhattan. This is a MUST try!