“Wish I could give the service 6 stars!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Tony's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Morganton, North Carolina
“Wish I could give the service 6 stars!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

The clam chowder was so good that we ate at Tony's two nights in a row. Nettie was our waitress both nights and she was awesome. We asked if we could adopt her and take her back to NC with us. The key lime pie was the best I've had. We also had the seafood platter for two and it was so good. Loved Tony's!

2 Thank Gracieballerina
Chef Eric J, Owner at Tony's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Yes, we love Mrs. Nettie, who happens to also be Cedar Key's First Lady (wife of the Mayor). She is a great example of the level of customer service available at Tony's.
Friendly, knowledgeable, professional and the best part FUN. She makes dining here not only enjoyable with great food but fun with a smile. Thank you for the visit and the wonderful review.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Finally a place that knows how to lcook Seafood!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to Tony's seafood restaurant the other day with my friend. It was awesome. I'm from Massachusetts originally, where they have great seafood. I've been down in Florida for about 19 years now. I had scallops, salad, french fries and onion rings. the onion rings and scallops were lightly dredged in flour, just the way I like them. The moment I entered the restaurant everyone was great. What a wonderful experience. I will recommend the restaurant to all my friends. Keep up the great work.

1 Thank daro240
It's always refreshing to hear from our customers who appreciate the level of cooking that goes into a seafood restaurant. We give it our best and only want to give you the very best we can. Thank you and please visit again soon.
APOPKA
“Excellent Chowder & Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

We enjoyed the visit and will return. The chowder was outstanding and we found nothing but top notch service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hey, thank you so much! I really appreciate your coming in and giving us a try. Glad you loved the chowder and found the service good as well. Please return again soon.
Sanford
“Delicious Fresh fish & Taste Bud Tantalizing Chowder with Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

I visited Tony's last weekend and was suprised at the wonderful service. The town was very busy, as was the resturant, but I got seated promptly. The waitress was very attentive, and suggested the catch of the day. The fish was moist with a delicious crispy skin.

The waitress checked with our table often making this a perfect experience. I don't see how any resturant could offer finer service.

1 Thank bill0754
Your visit and review are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. It's always refreshing to see positive comments coming our way. Please return again soon.
Lutz, Florida
“Note to the Owner”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Dear Chef Eric (or Current Owner),

I like the fact that you take the time to review these web reviews. It shows me that you care about your online perception. That matters.

If only you gave the same attention to your dining room!

Our family attempted to visit a couple weeks ago, only to stand at the door while observing a dozen flabbergasted patrons also waiting on service. We stared at the available tables, wondering. Eventually your middle-aged female server emerged from the kitchen, looking overwhelmed and exasperated. She clunked down a cup of chowder, looked up at us and threw up a finger, and with a raised voice from across the dining room, said "I'll be back in a minute."

We waited. My elderly mother finally gave up and sat herself down at an empty table towards the back. The rest of us patiently waited by the door. The server returned to another table with a glass of water, and repeated "Give me a couple more minutes." We waited a few more, looked around the room at other patrons rolling their eyes. All that server had to say was "Please have a seat anywhere you like, I'll be right with you" and we might have stayed. There were three available tables ready to go.

Unfortunately, we walked out and within minutes, enjoyed your competition.

This is not the sort of feedback an owner/operator desires, naturally, but you know negative feedback is the most critically important. "You never get a second chance at a first impression."

Perhaps you'll get that second chance one day. You have many glowing reviews to support the fact your chowder is worth a modicum of aggravation. I hope our incident was an isolated event. Best of luck with it!

Max

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Max M
I apologize. Yes, we get overwhelmed when 100 people are trying to get into a building that only holds 54. We do our level best. We are not perfect and after hours of so many people frantic for a table (even darting ahead of others on waiting lists) it can become a bit crazy at times. The rule is just being patient, but unfortunately when people are hungry they just cannot handle a wait. We have researched quite a few of these types of circumstances that you describe with our video surveillance system and mostly we see exaggerated claims and false descriptions of exactly what was happening. We will keep doing our level best to satisfy everyone that chooses to dine or try to dine with us. Again, I apologize. Please give us another try. Thanks.