“Good food, but go for lunch!”

Tony's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: PLEASE NOTE: Seasonal Restaurant Hours: October- November 2016 Monday thru Thursday 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM ( NOT OPEN FOR DINNER) Friday thru Sunday 11:00 AM -8:00 PM Please call ahead to verify hours before making long drives from far away.
Bushnell, Florida
“Good food, but go for lunch!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Food here is great and the staff is friendly. I would suggest making this a lunch destination as the dinner menu is very pricey. Lunch is a great value, I had the clam plate and it was a ton of delicious food!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank attridge57
Chef Eric J, Owner at Tony's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Glad you enjoyed your lunch. Thanks for the visit and the time to review. Actually unless your seafood diet is a fillet O fish or Mrs. Paul's fish sticks, your going to find the prices of REAL fresh seafood is very reasonable here in old Cedar Key. We restaurant folks pay some hefty prices for fresh seafood and I believe we are very fair with our prices. In fact, better than some seafood chains in freshness and price.
Come see for yourself.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wow !!! Best chowder ever”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I visit cedar key about 5 times a year and the first thing we get is Tony's clam chowder .. Gotta have it!! We have tried clam chowder in many places and they really do have the best.. Thanks Tonys for the best

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 5703
Thank you! I appreciate the visit and the very kind review. So glad the chowder made you happy. Please return again soon.
Jacksonville, FL
“Hands down the best Clam Chowder”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped in for an appetizer and cold beverage. Enjoyed a bowl of the Clam Chowder - definitely the best I've ever had in my life! Bought a can of starter to go!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Diver0901
Chef Eric J, Owner at Tony's Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you!! Yes, there is nothing quite like Tony's Chowder, so when people have their first try, it's usually a "WOW". In fact, even when a small percentage of diners have reviewed us negatively, they mostly praise the chowder before unloading.
I really appreciate your very kind comments and your positive review. As long as I can keep pleasing the majority of the folks who come our way I will keep making the chowder. Thank you again and please return soon.
Jacksonville, Florida
“Soooo gooood”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Visited Dec 2012- My hubby & I went about 3 hours out of our way to try this restaurant. Obviously we tried the award winning clam chowder. We also both got blackened fish sandwhiches. The fish was good but we both wished we had just stuck to the soup and gotten a bigger serving. We bought some canned soup to go and gave it away as Christmas presents to family who all said it was the best chowder they had ever had. When Tony's food truck came to a seafood festival we bought more cans! Gotta try this place and it is worth the drive. Plus, there are some cool stores nearby.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank TracerEraser
Glad to have you join us and thank you for the props for my chowder. I'm very thankful for you and all our customers that take the time to logon TA and give the chowder and Tony's a 5 thumb's up. Thanks again!
The Villages, Florida
“The clam chowder will not disappoint! !!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stopped into Tony's during our very first visit to Cedar Keys to try the clam chowder that receives such high reviews. It has to be the best clam chowder we have had. It was tasty and the clams were very tender. We will be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Janet Y
Oh, yes and thank you very much. I really appreciate that you dined with us and found the chowder was a star. For years we have always said at Tony's that the chowder usually "does it's job and shines for everyone". Sounds like it did it's job and completely impressed you with it's kicked up flavor and double the clams. I do appreciate your taking the time to review us. Please return again soon.