“Sammiches N Tea”

Away From The World Burger and Beer Bar
Ranked #10 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Awesome Burgers, Hand Cut Fries, Cold Beers and So Much More, Right on The Gulf of Mexico! Enjoy the Burger of Your Dreams While Seating Outside Right Over the Water!
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My husband and I stumbled onto Away From the World Cafe during our last morning in Cedar Key and had no idea what to expect. The owner was friendly, but not overbearing. He took our order, gave us our food, and left us alone to eat in peace. We got exactly what we ordered and it tasted great. We had egg sammiches with cheese and bacon. The tea was strong and good. no complaints.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We had the egg cheese and veggie panini for breakfast with a great cup of coffee. We love that the coffee is served in huge mugs and not in styrofoam or paper cups!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I enjoy the more quiet and serene atmosphere off the Beaten Path of Dock Street. I enjoy the Big Eye Tuna on Texas Toast. Everyone boasts of the delicious coffee and now their Espresso is a huge hit. Away From The World Café has free wifi so you can bring your computer and check email, weather, etc. Soon they are going to introduce outdoor seating which will be pet friendly. The owners are very nice people as we have interacted with them several times when dining there. Just a great out of the way place to sneak away from the world for al little while. Will be going back very soon.

2  Thank FarawayInnCedarKey
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

A vacation day is not complete without an afternoon cup of strong coffee. This place has a nice laid back atmosphere, and the barista was friendly. It's also nice that they're making an effort to run a green business.

Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I went because Kona Joe's was closed. Will always be my first choice. But, also was wanting to try a new place. I wanted the egg sandwich but am vegetarian. They wouldn't offer me the option of a meatless sandwich at a lower price! Isn't the meat the most expensive item? Not good customer service, in my opinion. So, shared a bruschetta with my friend. At least now I know what Texas toast is and I don't need to bother with it again. Nothing more than a slightly oversized piece of soft, mushy white bread. No texture, no flavor. Not what I expect bruschetta to be made with, but I realize this is FL not Italy. Disappointing. Wish them luck. Nice to have another business in town, but needs some tweeking.

1  Thank kaygee680
DonFox41, Owner at Away From The World Burger and Beer Bar, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

We are sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our cafe'. We offer small breakfast menu and a variety of vegetarian options. Thank you for your comments and we hope to get a second chance next time you are in town.