“Incredible Food!”

Blue Desert Cafe
Ranked #19 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, American, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Cedar Key
“Incredible Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We have been going to the Blue Desert for 10 years and it is also delicious food, great menu and eclectic fun cover the walls. A cozy atmoshere. The Blue Desert food is prepared fresh daily. You will not find prepacked precooked food at this restaurant. You may have to wait for your food because it is freshly made. It is worth the wait and lets you enjoy a beverage while partaking in good conversation. A must go to when in Cedar Key Florida... The Blue Desert is an A+++++ to our palates!

newcastle upon tyne
“excellent all round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2010

if you visit cedar key, dont miss the blue desert cafe. we come from england & have been here about eight times. we drive 5 - 6 hrs just to have a meal in this restaurant. if this wasnt here. we probably wouldnt visit cedar key every year.although we love the place too. the food is just the best.great attmosphere with lovely friendly people. ive travelled alot & have to say this is one of my favourite places to eat. its just one of those places you find which is unique. a one off. dont expect fast food though as the chef prepares everything fresh. its not a place you want to rush away from anyway & i promise anyone, if you do have to wait a little time, it will be more than worth the wait. scotty & barbara. newcastle upon tyne.

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“The food is fantastic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

The restaurant's interior is funky and fun, the people are friendly and the food is fabulous. BUT diners have to wait a long time for it, so I just order my dinner and pick it up about 30 minutes later and take it back to the hotel. Every time I go to Cedar Key I get dinner from there and I go to Cedar Key almost once a month.

FLORIDA
“The best Seafood Dinner I have ever had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2010

While my husband and I were checking out the island on foot we came across this lovely little place! We checked out the menu and decided to return for dinner. Well worth the wait! The dinner was awesome - not a spec left on our plates! I recommend the Blue Desert Cafe to anyone not in a hurry (you have to be on island time)!

GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow, then rude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

We ordered two calzones and one pizza.Over an hour later food still not ready and then when ready ................wrong and the owner was very rude when we would not take calzone for pizza. We were "meal planning" for numbers and it was not what we needed. Again though the "attitude" that came across the phone "sorry I made a mistake"in a not so nice tone...instead of "I' m so sorry it took so long and then we also made a mistake" in a nice tone with a remedy to fix would have been nice. Oh well......guess this "economy" and the weather was affecting moods!