“Sea Breeze”
Review of Sea Breeze - CLOSED

Sea Breeze
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 5, 2014

4 of us in our group. I had steamed clams. Can 't go wrong with that. Then had friend clam strips. Realy good. Nice views. Fund atmosphere. Loved it. food was reasonable priced.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Great food with a great view. You can sit and look out on the water. The waitress was excellent. Would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

After wandering around Cedar Key and getting hungry, we checked out the menu near the entrance of Sea Breeze. Conch Fritters for $8.95 sounded pretty tasty. We didn't realize that downstairs is actually the bar area and dining is upstairs, but we took a table by the window in the bar. When the purple-haired waitress appeared, she apologized for being the only server in the bar. Still friendly and doing the best she could, she hustled around taking orders and would then go upstairs to bring down food. The fried fritters arrived looking about 30-seconds away from being burned, but they tasted fine. Draft beer at $2 was a bargain. Upstairs (see photo) was better staffed and had great Gulf views. We would give them another chance with a full meal.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We have visited this establishment several times over the years. On our last two visits, within the past year, we ordered the multiple choice all you can eat seafood platter. The clam chowder was thin and watery but had a sufficient quantity of clams and potatoes. The salad bar was average with artificial bacon bits. The fried shrimp were very good, the boiled shrimp were way over cooked, the stuffed crabs were tasty but slightly over cooked, the fried fish, mullet, was very good. The choice of sides was adequate and were very tasty. As far as the value is concerned, it was a great value for only $19. The main attraction of this restaurant is the view. While there we watched dolphin play, boats come and go and various species of birds at play. On our next visit we will probable dine here again.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We pulled into Cedar Key at about 7pm from a long 8-hour drive. We were ready to just unload our luggage and get dinner! We walked into this place, and we should have walked right back out. It was barron with only two other tables. I don't think they had the A/C running because it was warm and stale. We took a seat and waited about 8 minutes for someone to greet us, but after getting our food, the service is far from this place's problems. I had a feeling that the place was either going out of businesses because of the economy, or maybe the owners could care a less about it, and have left it to die out. My shrimp cocktail was so nasty. They were boiled so long that they curled up into tiny pink and white rubber balls! The steamed clams were itty bitty and chewy. Even dunking them in butter couldn't fix 'em! The burger was questionable (I won't say why, but trust me).

I think this place needs some serious over-hauling. It was expensive, too, which was really frustrating. I just went back to the room and whipped out some food I had brought in the cooler and made my own dinner!