“Fine Dining Experience at the "Key"”

The Island Room Restaurant at Cedar Cove
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Visited the Island Room for dinner last year, it is an upscale, fine dining experience. Food was very good, wait staff very helpful, we enjoyed our meal very much. Probably would return there again, however, my husband and I are more of the casual persuasion and tend to eat more meals out at lunch while in places like Cedar Key - then spend time at night sitting on balconies looking at the nice water views, or walking around town. Will give them another 'whirl' next time we visit the Island for a longer period of time than our most recent visit.

For a scenic view you must be there before dark, and perhaps watch the sunset.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

This was the best restaurant that we dined at in Cedar Key but a lot of that had to do with the location. We had a window seat and the view was outstanding. I was hoping the food would match that but unfortunately that wasn't the case. The food was good but it wasn't anything special. I tried the Pork Shank which was OK but a little dry which I suspect was because it had been prepared a day before and reheated. The Caesar Salad was fresh and their house dressing was quite good. Not sure I have ever had a Caesar without croutons but now I have. My wife ordered the Crab Linguine and their special Palm Salad. The Crab turned into Shrimp because our waitress said they didn't have enough crab to do both the Pasta and Crabcakes. Also the Palm Salad she ordered ended up being just a house salad due to our waitress's mistake.
Overall this is a nice place to dine and the prices are fairly reasonable but just don't expect too much beyond a great view.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Friendly staff greeted us and sat us next to the window. The views are beautiful. It was nice to dine with a table cloth and real napkins. Not the norm for Cedar Key. Great selection of martinis and classy bar if you like to sit there. Food was delicious which I had the clams appetizer and crab cakes for dinner. We will be back!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The crab cakes were delicious. The service was good. We arrived a little late in the evening and the restaurant was packed. We finished our diner around closing time and they were very gracious and even offered us desert, we did not feel rushed in any way.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

First of all the Monday specials do not exist. As soon as you ask for one and are told they ran out of it the answer was the same for the next special. It is Monday! When my dinner arrived I had ordered roasted potatoes but was given rice because guess what...they ran out of potatoes. Yes seriously. I was not even asked what else I would like, I was jut given whatever they decided they had left over?! The fish was bland (I had the flounder, my husband had the grouper), the rice was terrible, and the veggies were soggy. Plus we were there for 2 hours when the restaurant was less than half full. We have enjoyed our visit to Cedar Key until we visited this place. So just save yourself some stress and money. Try one of the other places.

3  Thank ann0402