“disappointed….”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I had previously given this restaurant raves on prior visits, but was very disappointed with the waitstaff this visit. We seated ourselves after waiting awhile to see anyone in the restaurant during the lunch hours, approx 1:15, and calling out for awhile to see if we were ok to sit. Finally we did sit, then someone did appear. The service went downhill from there. We felt it was hard to get refills and one of my glasses was dirty. I actually felt like I was bothering them with simple, everyday requests and that reaction certainly cramped our initial joy for being back there. The good news was our dishes were rich, creamy, and fresh tasting. That's what balanced this review out. Loyal customers are what a small-town restaurant is all about, and I was wishing we had had a more welcoming reception this time.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Although we were hesitant to go this restaurant because of some of the recent poor reviews, it was one of the only places open on Christmas Eve.
It was great to have something to choose from other than fried shrimp, clams, oysters, fish, etc. We started with the seafood sampler for two. When we ordered it, the waiter told us that the oysters were small at this time of the year. They were still very good. I had the Fettuchine Cardinale which was a delicious mixture of nicely seasoned seafood in a light, creamy sauce. My husband had the Crab Carbonara Fettuchine which was very good but very rich. Although it looked as though they only had a bartender, a waiter, and bus person on duty, the service was attentive and good. Had we stayed on Cedar Key for longer, we would have returned to the Island Room Restaurant.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This may not be a 5 star everywhere, but it is a winner in this location. The menu is creative, the food well prepared and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Food at this restaurant is very average. The server was suffering with flu and this was very off putting we could also hear the chef coughing away in the kitchen as we were eating our meal so we just paid up and left halfway through our meal. The staff were pleasant enough but I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was recommended by the staff who we rented our vacation rental from. I was not impressed. Customer service was terrible...and sadly I found that to be the case almost every time we sat down for a meal in Cedar Key. The shrimp cocktail that claims to have jumbo shrimp arrived on a plate and they were small shrimp. The cocktail sauce was spread on the plate, making dipping it impossible. When I asked for a wine list I was asked if I would like a glass or bottle. I answered glass and received the run down of, "cabarnet, chardonnay, pinot..." they have a great selection of wines by the bottle and I would have appreciated the chance to take a look.