“"disappointing"”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Food at this restaurant is very average. The server was suffering with flu and this was very off putting we could also hear the chef coughing away in the kitchen as we were eating our meal so we just paid up and left halfway through our meal. The staff were pleasant enough but I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was recommended by the staff who we rented our vacation rental from. I was not impressed. Customer service was terrible...and sadly I found that to be the case almost every time we sat down for a meal in Cedar Key. The shrimp cocktail that claims to have jumbo shrimp arrived on a plate and they were small shrimp. The cocktail sauce was spread on the plate, making dipping it impossible. When I asked for a wine list I was asked if I would like a glass or bottle. I answered glass and received the run down of, "cabarnet, chardonnay, pinot..." they have a great selection of wines by the bottle and I would have appreciated the chance to take a look.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Many of my Cedar Key friends have recommended The Island Room over the years but I just never have had the chance to go, busy with other things. Well, I am sorry I did not listen to them. A group of five of us had breakfast/brunch there during the seafood festival and most of us ordered the crab benedict, OMG, it is out of this world good. The Mimosa's are made with fresh squeezed OJ, cold and delish. I cant wit to go back to Cedar Key so that I can have dinner here. Service and food was incredible, what a good job they are doing!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Started out we called for a reservation. The island is having a big seafood celebration so we wanted to make sure we would not have to wait. Got to Island Room and they told us that we didn't have a reservation. Fortunately, we were able to get seated. Ordered a large steak and it was very bland, no seasoning at all. Large piece of gristle running down most of the steak. For $25.00 you would expect a large piece of steak that has been seasoned and not full of gristle. I would never go back again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have enjoyed and evening meal at the Island House several times while in Cedar Key. I've seen several chef's come and go but the quality is always excellent and consistent. The menu changes slightly so it never gets boring and can always find a new dish to enjoy. Good value and great service every time.