“Great food!”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

A must while on the island. Had the clams and savannah grouper great choice. Excellent wait staff and reasonable prices. Nice evening at a nice restaurant

Florida
“STEAMED CLAMS WITH ANDOUILLE SAUCE!!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I visit Cedar Key several times a year (my clam trip). As always, dining at the Island Room at Cedar Cove is a real treat!! The steamed clams with andouille sauce is the best I have found anywhere and the crab cakes can not be beat! This restaurant overlooks the Gulf which provides a great view. Looking forward to our return trip.

• Visited March 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A wonderful dining experience.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Although I have eaten at the Island Room before, I had forgotten just how good it is. I took a party of four for dinner and was given exquisite service in a white tablecloth atmosphere with a view of the Gulf. The Grouper Savannah was my entree, but three of us had the crab bisque, and I recommend it. Goodmwine list with adequate choices. Definitely upscale but a good value for food, atmosphere, presentation, and service. I'll be going again.

• Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“eat with a view”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Went there for lunch. The view of the gulf and Dock Street is great. You can sit outside in nice weather. The lunch menu is varied starting with sandwiches and smaller portions of the evening menu. Prices comparable to restaurants on Dock Street. Crabcakes are delicious.

Visited February 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“Historic Inn and Restaurant”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Located in a building dating back to 1859, the restaurant has innovative dishes that take advantage of the fresh shellfish and red snapper found in local waters. The heart of palm salad uses fresh rather than canned heart of palm, something I have seldom seen. We loved the oysters Rockefeller, crab bisque and clams in garlic butter, as well as the meringue fruit dessert. We did not stay at the hotel but enjoyed the lobby and bar as well as the restaurant.

Visited February 2013