“Classy joint in a fishing village”

The Island Room Restaurant at Cedar Cove
Ranked #11 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Classy joint in a fishing village”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Expect exceptional food worthy of 4 star restaurant, but not as pricey. We have never had a bad meal here in over 15 years and changes of chefs. Crabcakes, fish in various sauces, lots of unique dishes. We especially love their Sunday brunches.

Visited December 2012

Deltona, Florida
“Expensive, but worth it”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The service and food at this restaurant is outstanding. You will need reservations if you're traveling on a holiday or (maybe) weekend.

Visited February 2013
Shelbyville, KY
“Loved the food at the Island Room, the Staff and the owner were very friendly.”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have owned a tour company for 20 years. I have been to every type of establishment across the country with groups large and small. I'd like t share my experience with one of my new favorites.....
I just left Cedar Key, Fl with a group of 40 people. The Island Room provided a special evening meal list for our group when we arrived. The food was delicious. I have never tasted carrots that were as savory as the ones served with our meals. I had the pork loin and the sauce covering it was to die for....... Try the Carmel Pecan chocolate shortbread for desert..mmmmm..mmmm, it will make your tongue smack your brains out!
The owner and his wife went out of their way to make sure my entire group enjoyed their stay and their meals.......
MadBeacher.......get a life....Gael Greene you're not.....

• Visited February 2013
CedarKeyPeter, Owner at The Island Room Restaurant at Cedar Cove, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for the outstanding review!! I am so glad your group enjoyed their dining experience with us! You are the kind of customers that make the hospitality industry so much fun, we look forward to having you back in the future, many thanks!
Peter & Gina Stefani
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Lives Up to the Rave Reviews”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Just had the most memorable meal in some time! I savored the Fettuccini Cardinale, an explosion of shrimp, scallops, andouille and sauce on pasta. Wife had Shrimp Royale which she thought was spectacular. With wine, desserts and tip: $67. Worth more! (but don't tell them)

Cedar Key, Florida
“Excellent all around!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Had a terrific lunch here last weekend. It was a beautiful sunny day and we took advantage of the outside patio right on the water. This is the best outside dining location on Cedar Key. I ordered the shrimp wrap and it was perfect, although HUGE for what I thought would be a light meal. The shrimp were plentiful and cooked perfectly. It had a zesty zip to it that tasted wonderful. The sides were roasted potatoes and white asparagus, but the wrap itself was the star of the meal. My husband had a grilled grouper sandwich and said it was the best-tasting, best-prepared fish he had eaten in a long while (and he eats his weight in grouper when we can get it fresh). He wasn't a fan of the Texas toast it was served on, so he'll know to ask for something different next time. Callie was our server and she was very efficient and also had a great wit. What a "find" - so coastal casual, but with expertly prepared food. We'll return to try some of the other menu items. Island Room is open nightly for dinner, but only on weekends for breakfast and lunch.

• Visited January 2013