“A small slice of paradise!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Sunset Isle RV Park & Motel
Whiting
“A small slice of paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We just returned home to New Jersey from one month at Sunset Isle RV Park. In the past five years we have traveled to many,many RV parks all over the USA and have been more than pleased with most of them but this park gets our vote for being the best of all. Its not as fancy, high tech or roomy as the others but the wonderful, helpful, friendly neighbors and employees that we met there far exceed others we have met at other places. Some of the best things about this peaceful haven are The Ada Blue Café (best ribs, burgers, sides, and breakfast), the homey, comfortable, clubhouse with a big old fireplace which was always burning if the weather was the least bit chilly. The fireplace just made you feel so very much at home. Nothing better than taking some wash over to the laundry room on a chilly day and while waiting for it to get done just pull up a chair next to the fireplace and strike up some conversation with someone or pop on the TV. Can't forget to mention the Sunsets were spectacular...the best ever. Hated to leave and come home but our reservation for next year is already made and we will be counting down the days until our return in 2015. Thanks Sunset Isle RV Park for allowing us to be a partake in your Paradise!!!
CNDW

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charles W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Central Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

At the time, I did not have an RV and went tent camping with me Mates for a pirate festival. They worked out a deal for tent campers who shared sites. As a bonus, Tom of Cedar Key Kayaks, came and took us on a tour. YOU CAN kayak within 1-2 hours of high tide right from the campground. AND THUS, if you want to kayak the mud flats, look up the tide tables. High tide varies. YES there are mud flats. If you want OPEN water, launch from the sand at the public beach downtown left of the marina lot. But check the forecast, for winds. There is a channel, and biog boats come so YES there is open water. And YES kayaking around high tide, in mud flats means limited time on water (up to four hours), BUT you don't really want to get out in mud flats to go potty anyway. I had a blast at the Pirate Festival..and I love this RV park because I can launch from it. They have a small place to eat and for yummy treats onsite and a nice room at the campground to hang out. They did have pirate festival signs you could get your picture taken with. Bathrooms were clean. This is a small operation. They do their best. Now that I have an R.V. I may try them again, when the tides are right. My review reflects a tent site and kayaking right from the resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sunset Isle RV ... A, Guest Relations Manager at Sunset Isle RV Park & Motel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. Hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Booked a 3 day weekend back for Labor Day and had to cancel, found out then no refunds, only credit for one year! STRIKE ONE! Re-booked for Thanksgiving weekend because I have limited time off from work. Arrived around 7:00pm Thanksgiving night to find no paperwork on the door as was told. My wife had to go get a very nice gentleman from the jam session to help us get our site. We had previously booked site 11 until I read the review from a different person and figured with a 37' fifth wheel we would be better off with a pull through. We could barely get in, had to pull up almost to the road so our slide outs could go out, power poles inches from the slide outs! Couldn't use the awning, had about 3 feet of room for picnic table that we had to go get, and our grill! STRIKE TWO!!! Brought my own firewood because that's part of camping, was told they have fire rings for a small deposit, they have 3 for the entire campground! I brought my fishing kayak and never unstrapped it. woke up on the first day and thought i'm going to make the best of it, at least I can go fishing, I could if there was any water!! the pictures suck! it is a mud hole, even when the tide comes in you might have 6" of water, the canal is a stagnant smelly mess! STRIKE THREE!
ok the decent parts, friendly people and staff. good food in café. Downtown is nice but even with lunch 3 hrs and your done.
Would we ever stay here again? No
Will we ever book a place that doesn't give refunds? No
At least we got to spend time with family for the holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Ray H
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We have been here twice for the Annual Seafood festival and once for Thanksgiving - we love it. Yes some of the sites are very small and close together but there are enough options that most people can find the right one to meet their needs. The only thing that stops me from giving it a 5 is the lack of a pool - yes you can go downtown to the "beach" but it's Florida and when the day time temps are in the high 80's and most of the camp sites are full sun a pool is the difference between 4 and 5 for us - cant imagine what it would be like camping in the summer months. The staff are the nicest most helpful people you will meet, from the time you enter until you leave it's like staying with family. The Café has the "BEST RIBS EVER" and the prices are more than reasonable. If you have a sweet tooth like me they offer a large selection of awesome fudge! Another advantage to this park is that our family that do not own RVs can come and stay in the motel or for the adventurous they still allow tent camping on some sites. There's an ice machine, it's clean and well manicured. They are pet friendly and they make it easy to clean up after your pet - hard to enforce and like all parks there is always that one or two campers that ignore the signs and bag posts but you can't blame the park for that!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FL_River-Rats
Mount Dora
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is my second trip to Cedar Key and to this campground. I have a 16' Scamp, plenty big for me and my dog. I spent three days in 1 with the water at my back. The sunsets are breathtaking, the birding was fantastic in the park and at the Scrub Jay Habitat. The place is very well kept and it appears as if they've re piped the sewers. The local artist has done a very nice job on the camper out front and on various touches within the grounds. Overall very nice people both the guests and the staff that I met. On the last day I had biscuits and gravy for breakfast at the cafe and I need to go back just to have that again. I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Gannybird
Thonotosassa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

First time here and we love it...The staff is so friendly and helpful. Cafe serves great food. We rented a golf cart and went into town, had a ball. We have been doing some fishing, and alot of relaxing. We will be coming back and back and back. Barb & Ed Diabo

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Barb D
Callahan, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

love to stay at Sunset RV Park/Motel. Got in about 3pm and starving. Their chicken salad is great along with a large sweet tea. Then back to room 4 to unpack. The rooms are always clean and the bed is comfortable and clean smelling. Love the Palm Trees painted on the wall.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here. Roberta is just great, she always makes you feel welcome as do the othe...