“Lovely stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Old Fenimore Mill Condos
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in unit 1C which was 2 BR 2 BA. We had a lovely view of the gulf from the balcony. Very spacious and nicely furnished (king bed, 2 twin beds, living room with large flat screen, dining table, kitchen appliances, washer/dryer). Walking distance to Dock Street. The only negative thing was that the code they gave us for the pool/hot tub did not work. Maybe they change it daily? Anyway, would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Laura J

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We have just returned from a month's visit to Old Fenimore Mill Condos. I had some reservations on reading the reviews but our experience at other hotels/ resorts has shown us to take the happy medium. I am SO glad we did. From the beginning, Bob, in the office,was so helpful suggesting condos to look at online and advising us on sorts of issues, which probably seemed quite trivial to him, but for us, coming from UK , were quite important. Our condo,3F Aqua Vista,was delightful. Overlooking the gulf, it was spacious, well equipped and spotlessly clean. We loved Cedar Key. It was quiet, peaceful and the residents very friendly and helpful. I would agree with a previous reviewer who suggests ones experience probably depends on which condo one rents, but 3F was excellent.My only minor criticism was that some condos are pet friendy and I was disappointed that several owners / guests did not leash their dogs and several times, failed to clean up after them.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sara H
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We rented 10B as we were in town for the seafood festival. It faces the back bayou and not the bay but you can see many birds as the tide ebbs. The unit was clean but not luxury as advertised by any means. The sheet on the bed was torn in places. The TV was fuzzy and not a flat screen which my husband complained about. The TV in the bedroom did not have a remote to it. We made breakfast in the unit and realized there was no frying pan or griddle, just a very small cast iron pan. We called the rental office and they loaned us a small electric frying pan. Bring your own dish soap and sponge to wash dishes unless everything you use can go into the dishwasher....once again we went to the rental office to ask to buy some - no supermarkets on the key. The manager gave us some soap and a sponge in a glass. Suggestion to ask what exactly is going to be in the suite when you rent it to save yourself the hassle. Two flights of stairs to enter and leave so you need to consider this if you have special needs. All in all, this was an ok place to stay but would try somewhere else if we ever come back.

Room Tip: There are 10 units. Select the lower numbers if you would like to see the sun come up over the wate...
Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 57Lulu
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Great place to be even if a storm blows in because of your views of the Gulf and back bays. Many beautiful birds to watch.

We rented from the on-site real estate manager. They were friendly and helpful.

Our unit (and many others) are dog friendly. Lots of places to walk your dog.

Walking distance to the restaurants and public beach. Check out the music on Fridays and sometimes Weds at the Island Hotel bar. Get there early, they fill up.

Local grocery is marginal. Stop on your way to bring in food as the closest real grocery store is about 40 miles.

Room Tip: Ask if your condo has wifi, some do and some don't. All units have incredible views. All unit...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VirginiaPho2grapher
Reviewed March 22, 2012

After at least 5 vacations at Old Finimore Mill, my husband and I almost didn't go this year. We were concerned about the bad reviews Old Finimore received on this site. We thought perhaps it had changed management and/or become run-down. It was quite the opposite. Our condo (2A) was beautifully furnished, well equipped with linens, towels, kitchen essentials, etc. and above all VERY CLEAN. The swimming pool and grounds were also well maintained, and the management couldn't have been nicer. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing time there. I could ditto everything everyone else has already said about the beauty of the island, but for this review, I just wanted to make it clear that Old Finimore is still a great place to stay. Perhaps it's all about which condo you stay in, but we've never been disappointed.

Room Tip: The gulf view is beautiful!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Carolyn B
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Lovely area on Cedar Key, but definitely not a 'luxury' resort as advertised on website. We found all the towels still in the dryer from previous guests and the dishes were still in the dish washer! We were told the swimming pool was heated, and I even asked before I booked the reservation. Upon arrival the manager informed us that the pool heater was broken, When asked if it would be fixed the response was 'well'. Every time my husband or I asked for anything, he acted as if we were a bother. Not a way to treat guests and he didn't seem to care if we ever returned. I would highly recommend one of the many other places on Cedar Key.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I was really looking forward to visiting Cedar Key. It is a small island with limited accommodations, but Old Fenimore Mill was disappointing to say the least. We stayed in Unit 1D. They have a futon for a sofa. It was extremely dirty and the throw pillows had all of these holes in them. Carpets in bedrooms were filthy. Ceiling fan in bedroom had so much dust that it was actually hanging off the fan like icicles. Drawers in kitchen were full of crumbs. I could probably have overlooked the rustic nature if this place had been clean. We were offered another unit when one opened up, but after seeing how poor the cleaning people were, we decided to shorten our stay. We had originally booked 7 days, but only stayed three days. I will say it is a beautiful view overlooking the gulf.

Why they call themselves luxury lodging on Cedar Key is such an extreme representation.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends