“Nice Island - Nice Views - Nice Escape”
Review of Island Place

Island Place
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have been visiting Cedar Key with family for years and the Views from the Island Place are Great. I am happy to see the new property manager and Staff are doing a great job to make this property shine. She has definitely upgraded the property and she is doing the big and little things that make this place nice to visit. If you want to escape the rat race and enjoy great views, a nice pool, and only be a 5 minutes walk from this little towns restaurants and fishing docks this is the place.

Room Tip: The Gulf View Rooms on the West Side have Choice Views....
2  Thank Morgan H

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to Cedar Key for 20 years. Island Place is our favorite place to stay. The rooms are clean, comfortable and especially love the decks overlooking the gulf. Wonderful place to relax and enjoy nature. Island Place is convenient to everything - love being able to walk everywhere. Last week we were pleased to see new management and some very nice changes such as animal-friendly rooms and renovations being done. Relaxing on the deck watching the boats and dolphins during the day and the moon and stars at night - heavenly!

Room Tip: Second floor end units on the gulf are brighter and with the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We usually stay @ cedar cove which is very nice also but it ws booked the night we wanted so I found island place online & had seen it several times when we visited cedar key , glad I got the chance this time to stay cuz we will definitely be back !

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank Deetumli
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Arrived early and room was ready. Room was very clean and furnished just right for a vacation villa. Fantastic view of gulf from roomy, well-furnished deck... spent most of my time out there enjoying the view and sound of the gulf lapping onshore right beneath our deck. My daughter loved the bed nook. The staff was nice and cheerful. Loved that we could just leave our car in lot and walk everywhere on island. Only complaint was the tub... old repair was unsightly. Also, bring things like food and coffee with you because small market on the island was very overpriced and not well stocked. Cedar Key is very laid back and there is not a ton to do right on the island... great for fishing and boating or kayaking or to just sit back and relax.

3  Thank DelrayMom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Our annual trip to Cedar Key in celebration of husbands birthday, where we always stay at Island Place. This year we were pleased to see renovations, long overdue, adding to our comfort. New managers delightful/accommodating. Looking forward to 2014 visit!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank umapapaya
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We used to visit Island Place 3 to 4 times a year. We visited in 2012 and had a bad experience with the staff. Definite lack of courtesy and organization. We decided to give it another shot for the 4th of July holidays this year. Again, the staff was not friendly, did not know what to do about the horrible parking situation, did not know what to do about guest complaints, and did nothing to enforce the rules of the pool and hot tub (which resulted in several guest complaints and verbal altercations amongst guests). Many friends and family members of the staff were often hanging around in the public areas of the pool (which used to be there for the guests) and thus rendering them unusable. There was at least one visit from the police and one separate visit from fire and rescue due to unruly guests. I truly wish the former management staff had not left. They were always warm, friendly, welcoming, made us feel at home and they were genuinely happy to have us there. We felt nothing more than an inconvenience to this 'new' staff. Hospitality is not in their vocabulary. Island Place has gone from our favorite place for a quick get away to a place we probably will not patronize again.

1  Thank 5Ben5
PamO292, Front Office Manager at Island Place, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

I am sorry that your stay with us was as unpleasant as it was. I will agree we did have some extremely unruly guests that particular weekend, but we did what had to do to get the situation back under control. I am sorry that you had to suffer because of someone else's mistakes. I can assure you that that particular group of guest will not be returning to The Island Place. I can also apologize for the way the weekend was overall, we were extremely short handed for such a busy weekend. I know that isn't an excuse for the way some of our staff acted, but I can assure they are not with us anymore, and I would like to personally invite you to try us again. We value our customers opinions and we are regretful that your weekend was ruined because of someone else's behavior.

Management Team at The Island Place

Reviewed April 22, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Island Place. Our accommodations were nice and had a great view. Cedar Key is always a wonderful place to spend time. This time, I booked our stay in conjunction with a meeting I was attending and at check out was charged more than the fully burdened meeting rate that was on my reservation quote. I contacted the facility regarding the difference, asking if there had been additional charges I was not aware of, and never heard back. While the difference was only about $14.00 - I was not happy that they wouldn't even respond to my inquiry. With a caution on reviewing your checkout invoice (which is not detailed), this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mary C
PamO292, Manager at Island Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

I am sorry that I did not get a chance to speak to you. If I'm not mistaken, you were with a group that posted rates on their website without approving them with us. We do give groups a 10% discount. Now, we send email confiramtions when you book with us. Also, our rates are posted on our website where you can book online:)