“Ice Cream Dressing”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I got the Cedar Key salad. I think the menu says it's a Cedar Key tradition. Lettuce, hearts of palm, candied dates, canned peaches, canned pineapple served with an ice cream "dressing." I'm glad I ordered the "dressing" on the side and another regular salad dressing on the side just in case I didn't like the "dressing." The hearts of palm were raw, crunchy and lacked flavor. I thought it would be cooked. My bad for not asking. Everyone else was happy with their food. The service was slow and they weren't busy, but our waiter was super nice and was nearly running most of the time. There is a deck with some picnic tables out back, which is where we sat. Nice view, fun watching the birds. You can see the green ice cream dressing to the left of the salad. We put the bowl in the middle of the table and everyone ate the ice cream which was good, just not on a salad.

1  Thank msabu56

Reviewed September 12, 2013

They probably portion a little to much. Patrons with no refrigerator nearby might feel some guilt. Or perhaps glut!

Our food was excellent all the way around. The location could use just a little TLC, but the cheerful server we landed, our entrees, and that gulf view more than made up for a completely terrible experience we had down the street at a supposedly world famous chowder joint. Oh well, no second chance for first impressions. Fortunately, Seabreeze did us right and we'll be back!

Grits, Brussels and Shrimp Alfredo were delicious. Cocktails not watered. We left full.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Upon arriving in Cedar Key, we stayed at a local Hotel, and obviously walked the charming downtown Dock St from their awesome huge public fishing pier to their local harbor. After checking in and out of each and every restaurant and pub, my husband and I overwhelming agreed that the Seabreeze on the Dock was the most friendly, safe and genuinely relaxing and friendly place to enjoy the local atmosphere...primarily because of their main Hostess, Joannie.

Although it is a stereotypical dockside bar, the one thing that separates it from all the others is Joannie. She is a one man show, she bar-tends, does Karaoke, and genuinely spoils her customers on a first name basis with each and every cocktail.
Only and if Joannie is still there, we will be back forever!

More to follow if desired....

1  Thank barefoottrader
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Spent four days in Cedar Key and I loved every minute. First time at the Seabreeze was in 1998 and food was excellent then. Now in 2013 I finally made my second trip to Cedar Key and had to come back to the Seabreeze. Loved sitting by the water. The food was great and the people were friendly. I will definately be back.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

When we arrived there were few people in the restaurant. We received our drink order and placed our dinner order and I ordered steak which was cold when it arrived. When it came back the second time it was overcooked because it was put back on the grill. We were never asked if we would like anything more to drink after the initial order. The waitress was too busy chatting with friends at a different table, and our tip reflected our disatisfaction