“Rather disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner - CLOSED

Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Waitstaff
Description: We are a DINER, serving breakfast and lunch daily. Friday and Saturday evenings we open late 11pm to 2am serving breakfast and sandwiches. We are not a seafood restaurant, there are already plenty of those on the Island. We are a DINER serving your typical breakfast and lunch menu, however, we do offer some seafood items during lunch. We are priced right and the portions are plentiful and the food is fresh. We have a 50's theme with classic cars and music.
Flagler Beach, Florida
“Rather disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

I had read reviews on this restaraunt and was looking forward to breakfast at Kens- but they fell short of expectations.
The service was good, the decor was kind of fun and we got good coffee right away. That's the good part- then when the food arrived it went downhill. I had the biscuits and gravy. I love biscuits and gravy- these weren't the best. The biscuits were good but the gravy lacked much flavor. My wife had bacon- no flavor, eggs- served runny even though ordered over medium, toast that was slightly burnt, and potatoes that had been sitting around for a while.
All in all- not how I want to start my day. Priced to high for less than mediocre food.

3 Thank Donn P

Hoover, Alabama
“it was fine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

So many recommended that french toast so I tried it - I'm not that big on french toast so I didn't finish it, but I am sure it was well-made. Uh, that's about it. I was really depressed being in Cedar Key - just did not like the town at all - but I guess that's my problem. This place has a decent view Service was fine, liked the decor. I might be back, but I just don't care to return to cedar key. I'd rather be in destin or even sarasota where i have family, but i really like destin.....

Visited May 2014
Stuart, Florida
“Go here for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

When I went here for lunch I was not ready for more seafood and Ken's has a good lunch menu which includes burgers (great tasting) a Ruben and other items you look for on a lunch menu.
Again as in most places here on Cedar Key great service and reasonable prices. Go here for lunch.

Dacula, Georgia
“A Diner with a Gulf View!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Bottom line, this is more of a traditional diner that has a great Gulf view, both with both inside and outside seating. This isn't a seafood place, although you can can get a few things, this is more of an omelet for breakfast and a burger or blue plate for lunch kinda place. We enjoyed it and the people working there, so I would recommend it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aston, PA
“50's doo wop eatery!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

When you hear "ERRRUPPP!!" that means "Order UP" (order is ready) for your server to get your food and bring it to you...but ONLY at Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner sits right over the water. The decor is 1950's rock & Roll, and it like walking onto Grease the Movie. The food is outstanding from Burgers to Breakfast, all with catchy titles (try the "Blown Engine" breakfast!) Ken and the staff are the best, and it's an experience you won't forget!