“Loved it!”
Review of Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner - CLOSED

Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a DINER, serving breakfast and lunch daily. Friday and Saturday evenings we open late 11pm to 2am serving breakfast and sandwiches. We are not a seafood restaurant, there are already plenty of those on the Island. We are a DINER serving your typical breakfast and lunch menu, however, we do offer some seafood items during lunch. We are priced right and the portions are plentiful and the food is fresh. We have a 50's theme with classic cars and music.
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Crunchy French toast= delicious. Cute, laid back little place with a great view of the water. Will be back to try lunch next time!

There are newer reviews for Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner

Reviewed July 1, 2014

We wish they served breakfast later on Sundays/weekends. When you're down for the weekend, sleep in, pack up and check-out, it can be 11 or after before you can think about dining out for breakfast before heading home. The almost only choice of a huge burger didn't satisfy my breakfast craving.

Kbryant88, Owner at Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

hello my friends. I must say I am so sorry our diner is not big enough to serve breakfast all day. You see, the problem is if I were going to do that I would have to have a bigger kitchen. Now unless yoou would like to provide the funds to expand my kitchen so I can purchase a larger grill I would be able to server breakfast and lunch all day. But we all know that isnt going to happen. So instead our servers inform you that it is possible to still get some of our breakfast items that won't take up space on my grill while burgers are cooking. Who wants pancakes that have burger grease splattering all over them.. Maybe you do. Anyways, you were certainly told you could have any eggs of your choice or omlete and bacon and toast. This we will serve to people like yourselves till we close. Guess you didn't ask. Maybe next time you will. Sorry about the confusion you had. we are always happy to serve up some eggs and bacon and toast...thank you

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Ken's is located down on Dock Street and is upstairs. It has a beautiful view of the water, especially if you are located along the windows inside or on the outside porch. It is decorated in 1950's motif and is like a diner. We went there for breakfast on Memorial Day which was probably one of their busiest days of the year. We must have timed it just right as we got a booth along the windows and it wasn't crowded, but 15 minutes later there wasn't a seat to be had. Taking all this into consideration, the staff was flustered and fighting with each other out loud! We weren't sure if it was for real or an act. It provided entertainment along with the beautiful view if you have a sense of humor. We didn't mind that the service was slow, with the beautiful view we sat and chatted. The one thing unique and memorable about the food was they have these good potatoes for breakfast, just like my mother used to make. They are a whole potato sliced like a potato chip.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great food, and nice atmosphere. Very polite service, prices are what you would expect for a tourist area (~$10 per person). Restrooms were VERY warm, but that's not enough to keep me from going back some time, maybe for breakfast instead of lunch.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Right across the street from the Dockside Motel is Ken's. 50's themed, cute diner atmosphere with pink ladies jackets on bar stools.

However, we were there to stare at the sea, so off to the screened in porch with the table facing the water. Our waitress, a long time local-- Betty-- was a sweetheart and kept our sweet tea glasses full.

Best sweet tea I have had in a long time, eggs benny was pretty good and the hubs had corned beef hash, his "go to breakfast" on vacation. He loved it.