“If you like deep fat fried food...”
Review of Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner - CLOSED

Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a DINER, serving breakfast and lunch daily. Friday and Saturday evenings we open late 11pm to 2am serving breakfast and sandwiches. We are not a seafood restaurant, there are already plenty of those on the Island. We are a DINER serving your typical breakfast and lunch menu, however, we do offer some seafood items during lunch. We are priced right and the portions are plentiful and the food is fresh. We have a 50's theme with classic cars and music.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Lunch here was a disappointment. We should have known better but we ordered one fried (not battered) fish sandwich and one deep fat fried battered fish sandwich. Not surprisingly we could barely taste the fish given the dominance of the frying oils. Comes with French fries -- not sure a fruit or veggie was even on the menu.

Kbryant88, Owner at Ken's Cedar Keyside Diner, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Hi if you like deep fried food, not sure what you are complaining about here. You ordered fish that you were told is deep fried. It states it on the menu. Our oil is changed every 4 days. Both fish you ordered we have received rave compliments about DAILY. I am so glad that 98% of our guest that have eaten either of the two fish you are refering to have all complimented it and have returned for it weekly, in some cases. Thank you very much for your taste bud review. Now all of our new customers really need to read the 70 positive review out of the 73. I believe the majority wins then. Also since we do ask every single customer that eats in my restaurant how everything was, and my server and myself remember you, when we asked how was your meal, our response was good. So we all are wondering how we can get this review. If you told us it wasn't good, I would have fixed the problem then, not charge you for what you didn't like and we would all be happy, but instead you say it is good and then come on here and trash us. Doesn't make much sense to us. Hope you have a wonderful day and take this advise on how to solve a problem then you have one at your next restaurant. Ken

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just tried to eat breakfast here this morning. Maybe upstairs is better, but I used to love the breakfast foods downstairs along with the relaxing view from the deck. I especially liked talking with folks from all over who'd be in Cedar Key for a week or the winter; the food and pleasant service had been so inviting. Now the comfy chairs are gone and it seems, at best, in transition. A man came in asking for skim milk with his coffee, but they were still out - he'd come the previous day. When I threw away my coffee fixings, I learned that the trash can had coffee grounds on the lid, leaving me mucky to go. The scone was maybe OK. Sigh. I've lost a place I used to love.

hi miss disappointed, first I would like to say I am not sure what place downstairs served breakfast with different seating. I rented all the same furniture that was there and I don't serve breakfast. It is a dessert shop with different choices of coffees. My employee remembers you very well and informed me that you told her after eating your scone (completely) that everything was good. I do however apologize for the dirty GARBAGE can. That should have been clean. Perhaps next time if you wish to eat breakfast, try up stairs where we have a full breakfast menu that, if you read the other 70 plus reviews out of 73, that we are very much liked. thank you
ken

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Went for breakfast .Right on the water. Watched the dolphins and birds while we enjoyed our breakfast. Large screened in deck to enjoy the outside.Friendly staff and good food.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Upon getting to the stairs I knew we were in for some fun, as there was a 50's song playing. While not fancy inside it is very well maintained and clean.

We met Tony and two of his waitresses while both of us ate a Ruben. The sandwiches were absolutely fabulous, as was the service and the view. This is a must do place if you are looking for GREAT food, service, surroundings, and music while in Cedar Key.

By the way. The french fries were excellent too!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had breakfast here and it was really good. The waitress was nice and very accomedating - going downstairs to retrieve some pastries for us from the bakery. Next time we'll eat lunch here as well.