“Bluegrass on a Sunday with a great vino - nothing better”

Black Dog Bar & Tables
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Cedar Key
More attraction details
Owner description: Cedar Key's most comfortable bar featuring the Island's best wine lists, over 150 types of beer on the wall, the only cigar humidor, and the world's most interesting customers. Come to lounge, stay to mingle.
West Newfield, Maine
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Bluegrass on a Sunday with a great vino - nothing better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is exactly the kind of place my husband and I were looking for - a cozy bar with live music and a great atmosphere. Bluegrass is offered every afternoon at 4 and it was a perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon. The professional band knew its stuff and included a mandolin, guitars and an upright bass. The bartenders were very friendly and helpful about suggesting wines to try, and a nice bock beer for my husband. The crowd was also to our liking - mostly boomers in their 50s and older, like us.

1 Thank Minimainer

Oley Valley
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This place and it's people (and dog) are the reason we travel to Cedar Key”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have traveled to Cedar Key every year since the Black Dog opened and to our surprise, it keeps gettting better. We always enjoy ourselves and always feel welcome. It is evident that everyone who walks through the door feels the same way.
Sitting in a barber chair drinking nice wine while my husband has access to all of his favorite beers while I watch pelicans...what could be better. Our little dog, Jezabell, is in LOVE with Otis, the owners Labradoddle.
Sometimes that have fabulous music too. Well worth the trip.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank kitandlinda
northern Michigan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

This place has an amazing selection of bottled beers. I believe they have about 94 different beers available, and the selection is amazing. Roseanna, a bartender here, gave some great recommendations on the beer too. She also makes a mean sangria, and I immensely enjoyed a glass of the red. There's a great wraparound deck, with great views. Otis is a sweet dog. I miss Black Dog Bar already!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank kellyMI
St Simons Island, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stopped in 3 days in a row. Say hello to Connie, Rosie and Otis of course. Relax and have great conversation with staff and customers. About a gazillion different beers and wines.

2 Thank crab99
Cedar Key, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“I almost forgot how awesome the place is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

Since I live and work in Cedar Key I sometimes don't get the chance to visit places that we like the most. My husband and I went with a group of friends to the Black Dog last night and what a wonderful night it was. The two separate bands they had were both exceptional and very different for the area just as the Black Dog is. Very comfortable outdoor deck that we could stare at the stars from as well as hang out on the comfy couches and just mingle with the really cool customers. Thanks for a wonderful evening, keep up the great work, you guys rock!!

1 Thank everymilesamemory