“Great Food”

The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brooksville, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Has a beautiful view from the deck. The food was great and the prices reasonable. The restrooms are a 'hoot'. check them out.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Shari W

Lake Park, Georgia
“Great View, good food.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Even though it's mid-February, my wife and I wanted some good seafood and a great view of the Gulf. We found it here. We sat outside on the raised deck and shared a seafood platter. The shrimp, scallops, and grouper fingers were very good, as were the sides that we ordered. The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. We would definitely return for another Sunday lunch!

• Visited February 2013
Cedar Key, Florida, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice family experience”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great food, great service. My family from Ohio & West Virginia visited us in Cedar Key. We took them to Pickled Pelican and were all treated like royalty. Thanks Pickled Pelican. The servers and cooks are top notch.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pamela Edwards M
Panhandle Florida
“good atmosphere”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I love Cedar Key, but I am finding the harbor restaraunts trying. The Pickled Pelican was good but>> We ordered the fried pickles and green tomatoes So- so the pickles were huge wedges deep fried, although tender they were tasteless, and the fried green tomatoes were pink and green which leads to a another tasteless product. Trust me Fried green tomatoes need to be Green. THe cook speeded up the order and our sandwiches came out at the same time as the app. I had a BLT, Bacon was deep fried, tomatoe was slightly rancid and the toast was soggy. We were the only customers... Our wait staff was attentive and the view was wonderful.

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great view, but so-so food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My husband and I went here for a late lunch the day we got into town. They have an extensive beer list, which I found quite nice. The view of the water was fantastic!! However, the food was just ok. I ordered the chicken fajita wrap, which left a lot to be desired. The chicken was extremely bland and it tasted like the vegetables were also cooked with no herbs or spices. And there was no fajita dressing on the wrap, as stated. My husband got the pizza burger and said the only thing good about it was the ham. Neither one of us were too impressed with our food. The homemade chips and orange blossom pilsner were the best part of the meal. We would probably give it another try though, just wouldn’t get those items!!

• Visited January 2013