“We found our new favorite spot!”

The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We have been coming to Cedar Key for years and have seen declining quality in the restaurants. I can not say that about this one. The pickled pelican has great food and obviously the fans to back it up. Everyone I talked with said this is the place to go and they were correct! Delicious crab cakes, lightly breaded fried shrimp and wonderful salads and chowder filled our stomachs the multiple times we went this trip. We will be back!

2  Thank MindfulCritic
There are newer reviews for The Pickled Pelican Bar and Eatery

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Our car club visited with a party of 25 a few Saturdays ago and had a great time. Service was great and food was hot and fresh. Manager did a great job of getting us all in one section and could not have been kinder to our group. A great outdoor deck looking over the Gulf, cold beverages and warm friends made a great visit to Cedar Key.

These folks did a nice job on their place. Be sure to see their really neat bar top they made out of thousands of bottle caps in resin. Friendly and priced fair, don't miss it when your in Cedar Key.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We were staying right next door at the Harbour Masters and were tired after the drive so it was real convienient. The food and service were very good. I had fried shrimp and it was excellent. Being from the Lowcountry, we know shrimp, and theirs was fresh and perfectly cooked. Deb had a clam appetizer and it was so big, she couldn't even finish it...so I helped. My only problem with this place and Tony's is the lack of hard liquor. I'm a martini guy...and quite a few places in Cedar Key are beer and wine only. No big deal and does not lower my review. Great view, great restaurant. Not for those looking for some sort of gourmet dining, like most places in Cedar Key. Just great food.

1  Thank CarolinaParatrooper
Reviewed February 27, 2011

We had an early lunch here on 2/24/2011. I had the grouper and my husband had the special which was a salad with grilled chicken on top. I could not believe the amount of grouper that came with the lunch. There were 5 (may have been 6) big pieces of grouper on the order. Every thing was very tasty. It took a little bit longer that I expected, but they were very busy and they were just beginning the lunch so there were several tables ahead of us. Besides, you need to relax while in Cedar Key! We would definitely go back here again the next time we are here. I want to try other things on their menu.

2  Thank retire2014
Reviewed February 17, 2011

This restaurant is a must try! They have fantastic food with friendly service. What more could you ask for?? You can tell they take pride in their business and the food they serve. It has been a long time since I've had a decent meal in Cedar Key and now with the pickled pelican the story has changed. You must try the shrimp or the steak is awesome too! The menu has a lot of choices and if you go away hungry it is your own fault. Thank you for bringing fantastic food back in to Cedar Key, and we will return!

1  Thank FullMoonSky