“Delightful!”

Ranked #14 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Built in 1930 as the Holman Store, this historic building brings fond memories for residents as they come to pick up their order. The menu offers a great selection of Island Favorite Pizza and fresh wings.Everything is made to order using the freshest ingredients.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

What I truly wanted was seafood for dinner. Stopped by to say hi. I was a first time visitor. After the first few minutes I couldn't leave without ordering not 1 but TWO pizzas and an order of garlic knots! We had a half hour drive to our destination before we could finally dig into the pizza which was killing us with its ever so tempting aroma to lunge over the seats to the back to gorge ourselves. We were able to start on the garlic knots on our drive home. Once we got home we immediately got ready to eat what I would call some of the BEST pizza ever! The clam pizza and a combo pizza! mmmmm mmmmm good! This will be someplace I put on my list of to come back and eat! This should be on every pizza lover's bucket list! The price is great too!

1  Thank Shelly R
islandpizzeria, Owner at Island Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Shelly, it was so great to have met you and the kids!!! So you got the best of both worlds with us...seafood & pizza!! The Clam pizza is a big hit with many, I am pleased that you enjoyed that and the garlic knots! It goes without saying that you enjoyed the rest of your "sunny" visit before returning to the cold! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I always check out pizza places in search of our perfect pizza. The crust was thin, sauce very good not too tangy. It was loaded with cheese and overall, I will return on my next visit to Cedar Key!

1  Thank heyjude22

Thank you so much for your review!! Nothing is better than finding a good pizza & I am happy you found it with us!! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Good pizza in Cedar Key, Fl. !? Well, not just good, I'll go out on a limb and say "excellent". Perfect crust, not too thick not too thin with a nice crack to it and a chewy core. There is a noticeable lack of the floating surface oil you find with inferior pies. The quality igredients are delicious and appreciated. The sauce is abundant without being over powering and the mozzerrlla is nicely melted without the oily residue I mentioned. They deliver courteously and quickly, 25 minutes from placing order. We have been in Cedar Key 3 days and have executed the 3 most important venues, clams on the half shell, clam chowder and Island Pizzeria. Tomorrrow we leave contented with hopes of returning some day.

2  Thank RCCSTT
islandpizzeria, Owner at Island Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! Wasn't sure what pizza you had but if it wasn't the Clam pizza, you should try that one next time...all I can say is YUM!! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Cedar Key!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Chris answered the phone and delivered the hand made to order (by her husband) pizza in less than 30 minutes. Take that Domino's

1  Thank Gracie393

Thank you for your review! I got a kick out of it! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Cedar Key!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We've visited Cedar Key many times in the past but this was our first time at I.P; had to try it based on all the good reviews. It's a small frame building just outside the main town and offers take out and delivery only. I saw they offered an oyster rockefeller pizza and had to try it; my wife decided to play it safe and got the medium wings. The pizza was delicious and a must for oyster lovers. The crust was just like I like it; enough of a char to be crisp but still foldable and of high quality. Ingrediants included garlic, olive oil, spinach, parmesan and a full dozen oysters...and this was on a small (10 inch) pie! The wings were also pretty good, spiced right for medium but a little on the dry side. Blue cheese dressing was also included but no celery. The garden salad we got consisted of baby spinach and spring mix, all right out of the grocery store bag variety, a few cherry tomatoes and three small rings of red onion. Not bad but would have been better with the addition of some romaine to give it a bit more heft. Service was good, everything was ready in about 15 minutes after I called. The pizza is the star attraction here and I'm looking forward to the next time out. I'd like to try some of their other offerings, but have a feeling I'll be going back for the oyster pie.

1  Thank billdozerGroveland

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am so happy you loved the Oyster Rockefeller pizza & your wife the wings! We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you next time you visit Cedar Key!