“Awesome stay”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Tallahassee, Florida
“Awesome stay”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We played hooky for a couple of days and went to go stay at the Low Key Hideaway. The property is beautiful and right on the water. Everyone was incredibly friendly. This was a great jumping off point for our adventures. We enjoyed the personality that the room was imbued with -- great remodel! Lots of funky touches. Excellent view of the sunset each evening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Stacey N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely LOVE this place. You just can't help but smile and relax the moment you step on the property. Love the artistic decor!!! Definitely a place to chill and enjoy God's creation. The sunset is amazing! The owners are super friendly!!! If you're looking to "hideaway" on a little island, this is the place!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Parrotchic
Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

First, let me say I don't give five stars out willy-nilly. You've got to really impress me for that A+ grade, if you catch my drift.

That being said, this is a great place and we will be going back! A wonderful couple owns it and they have built a tiki bar overlooking the water out back. they shut it down early, so don't worry about late night revelers.

People said Cedar Key was "old Florida" and this place summed up that attitude. Don't expect a bellman to carry your bag, that isn't what this place is...don't go to Cedar Key if that is what you need.

Low-Key It is conveniently located on the main road into Cedar Key and if you were so inclined you could ride a bike into town. Good art in the shops and some good little spots to eat.

Updated rooms, new TV, and it is affordable. Couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank straightshooter007
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a delightful place to stay in an RV. (We didn't stay in the motel but sure the rooms were great,too!) We stayed two nights in April at this perfect little 'hideaway.' The folks were most helpful in getting the large RV into the site. And what a view for a sunset! We loved sitting on our small deck and watching the magnificent sunset. The motel and surroundings are all so 'old' Florida. NO high-rises! This truly is a piece of paradise found. We will be returning for a longer stay next year.

Room Tip: We were in our RV but think all the rooms would be delightful.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OxHon
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Super clean, nice decor, great back porch, tiki bar great with awesome view. Very LOW-KEY. Wish we would have brought the pups. We had a few great margaritas at the bar. Shower was the only let down. Bed was soft and pillows quite comfy. Great place to unplug for a few days.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tessa-Lily
lowkeyhideaway, Owner at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Those darn showers, although we would love to make some changes to them they are basically a 3x3 box. Our place was built in the 60's and updated in the 90's. We have redone every other inch of the bathrooms with new sinks, toilets, paint and decor. I'm not sure what we could do to make the showers any bigger but they are very clean I can assure you of that.

I love the photos that you took, especially the one on the glass table with the blue back ground, that looks cool! Very glad you stopped by to see us and hope to see you again. Thanks very much for the review and the great pics!!
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Never having been to Cedar Key before, I found the Low-Key Hideaway on the internet and chose it mostly due to the great reviews. I couldn't have been more pleased! In all the previously unknown places I've traveled to, I've never had an experience that far passed my expectations as this one did. The reviews here are all very accurate; it is an awesome, funky little place to stay and the owners, Cindy and Pat, are the most friendly, down-to-earth people! I will most definitely recommend this stay to everyone I know and even people I don't. We will be back, and I hope sooner than later. Thanks to these amazing proprietors for a job well done! It's not often you find a place like this!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Jdubs80
lowkeyhideaway, Owner at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thanks so much for your kind review, it makes me smile that we could exceed your expectation!! I wanted to take a minute and say that each and every time we have a review posted for the Low Key, all of us here read them and get excited. We have such an incredible crew that all seem like a big family now and we thrive on giving the best service that we possibly can. We also take pride in the fact that we not only give great customer service, we meet new friends.

Each and every person that arrives here has a great story behind their arrival, how they found us, what they are looking for and we want to hear it. We enjoy extending our group of friends each and every day that we are here. Pat and I used to travel full time, we met thousands of people during our years on the road and always said we would never stop due to the fascination we have with just swapping stories, new ones and old ones. The Low Key has given us the opportunity to continue meeting new friends while sitting still and earning an income instead of spending our daughter inheritance.

I haven't responded to every email lately because I try to be earnest and original with each person that we have the pleasure of meeting. It has become more difficult because we have so many awesome people that come to Cedar Key, I have started sounding like a broken record. If I have not responded to your review, please know we are all so very grateful and happy that the Low Key has made at least one, maybe more of your days a bit easier, more relaxed or something to look back on with a smile.

Again, thanks for your and all the great reviews and we all sincerely appreciate the kind words and sentiments.
orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was planning a 3 day getaway for my wife and I when I stumbled across the LKH. When I booked, I was curious how such a tiny hotel in rural florida could garner such spectacular reviews, after all, what could be soooo great about it?

The hotel easily surpassed every expectation. The couple that run the hotel live on property, and keep the place in spectacular shape. The grounds are amazing, and the attention to detail never ceases to impress. The tiki bar is a special treat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Inglis
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Low-Key Hideaway? Share your experiences!