“Unexpected Delight!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in Orlando on a business trip and decided to do a quick getaway to Cedar Key. We has read about the Lo Key Hideaway here on Trip Advisor and decided to give it a try. Wow! Very, very impressed!! The owners were out on their boat in the early evening when we arrived so we had a drink at the Tiki Bar out back and enjoyed a gorgeous sunset on the dock. It was getting late but the owners were not back yet so Jay, the bartender said he would get them to call us. Sure enough, we got a call a short while later and made arrangements for a room over the phone. We stayed in room #5 and it was awesome! The room, like the rest of the place, is eclectic in design but clean and very comfortable. Our room had a full kitchen with a sitting area to watch tv. The bed was really comfortable with nice sheets and comfy pillows. Loved everything about this place. Go there! You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Low-Key Hideaway

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I are also Inn Keepers now in our 18th. season and we know what it takes to meet the expectations of a traveler seeking a quiet and quality retreat. As a child, we enjoyed many "Tourist Court" and "Beach Cottage" experiences all over Florida. So many of those are now lost. We were delighted to find a truly well maintained and managed retreat still existed! This place is a gem for the sand and sea lover, with the Tiki Bar as a bonus! We enjoyed it so much we extended, and we'll be back! Thanks for being great hosts----and we hope we'll see you again at the Smoakhouse: Tim and Em (and the furry kids)

2  Thank TFSmoak
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stopped by the Low Key Hideway Tiki Bar this past Saturday evening, we have been here before and love to stop and see what changes Pat and Cindy have made to this amazing place. We were not disappointed, lots of new quirky things to look at and new bar drinks. We watched the amazing sunset from the dock and enjoyed our conversations with the host, locals and travelers. This is the spot if you want to get the friendly feel of the island. Good drinks, good people all at a much better price than Dock Street. Thanks Pat & Cindy, we had a great time and will return in October with our Crab Crew!

Room Tip: Did not stay in the rooms but have toured them and they are beautiful, clean and comfy with a amazin...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing and/or romantic getaway, this is it! From the moment we drove up we fell in love with the Low-Key Hideaway! It is like we found a hidden treasure! The owners and staff (Cindy, Pat, and Amber) are awesome, always making sure you have everything you need. The attention to detail with this place is incredible. Love the hammock! I almost fell asleep outside under the stars. They also have all of the essentials in the room.
We brought our dogs because we hate leaving them at home and they were welcomed by the owners and other guests like they were their own :) There is a park a couple miles up the road called Cedar Key Scrub State Reserve, no dog park, but the dogs could run safely on the trails away from the road. My husband also is big into astronomy so he likes to find a dark place where he can set up his telescope. The owners were soooooo accommodating in making it darker for him by turning most of the lights off, for better viewing. We will definitely be coming back. We LOVE it!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

How could we not love those dogs, so sweet and well behaved. I regret not staying awake long enough to check out the planets and stuff with your husband. He had to have seen some pretty cool stuff with the humongous telescope. Thanks for the kind words and we will see you next time!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We recently returned from a week's stay at the Low-key hideaway. It was quirky and great fun. Our room was very clean and it was nice to have a kitchenette. The road out front is busy, but surprisingly you do not hear the traffic on the back patio. I loved the outside area and tiki-bar. It was great to sit out there and do nothing. Everyone who worked at the Low-Key was friendly and helpful.

This is my first time staying at such a small place. I enjoyed it and based on my experience would do so again.

I had two complaints- the mattress was too hard for my tastes. I found it difficult to sleep. My biggest problem was the internet. I had planned on a working vacation and the intermittent internent made that almost impossible. If you are planning on working from the Low-Key, bring your own hotspot. Unfortunately for me, my phone doubles as my hotspot so it was like I was in the salesperson's version of Sophie's Choice for 5 days.

Whilst I loved the Low-Key, I was very disappointed in the level of service and quality of food in the town. The locals, even the ones working in the service industry, were pretty blatant about thier dislike of tourists. I am not sure if I would go back to the Low-Key because I do not want to return the town itself, which is a shame because the owners work very hard and deserve the repeat business.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I recently took our new camper to LKH. The owners are phenomenal and made sure our stay was great. From the waterfront spot, to the eccentric art, to the friendly guests spending the evening hours laughing cooking and drinking- we couldn't have asked for more! We will be back with friends!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I always tell people when they ask me, "What are the worst customer stories you can tell us?" We don't have any, the people that stay with us seem to be like old friends and they meet other campers and guests and it's like old times by the end of their stay. We are very blessed to have friendly guests that have like minds and have tons of fun. Glad you became part of the Low Key Family, come back real soon!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Absolutely loved our time at LKH. My husband and I stayed in Room #5 very close to the Tiki Bar. The room was immaculate, well-stocked and comfortable with wonderful personal touches and Pat's gorgeous photography on the walls. Amber, Jay, Pat and Cindy were incredibly friendly and welcoming, making great recommendations on places to eat and the best pizza delivery in town. The garden is like a living work of art that makes wonderful use of recycled materials. If you want atmosphere and friendly people, stay at the Low Key Hideaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Love your photographs!! You captured a lot of what this place is about. Glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you, this is a fun place with great people and guests like you make it that way. Thanks for the kind words and we will see you again.