Low-Key Hideaway
Beach Front Motel(Cedar Key)(Great Value!)
$80
$110
$99
  • Pool
Faraway Inn(Cedar Key)
All reviewsgreat tiki barlaid backlicense platesswinging chairsgreat dockback porchget awaydown to earthflat screenold floridabeautiful sunsetlong weekendowners and staffclose to townvisit cedar keydock streetisland hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I recently took our new camper to LKH. The owners are phenomenal and made sure our stay was great. From the waterfront spot, to the eccentric art, to the friendly guests spending the evening hours laughing cooking and drinking- we couldn't have asked for more! We will be back with friends!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

I always tell people when they ask me, "What are the worst customer stories you can tell us?" We don't have any, the people that stay with us seem to be like old friends and they meet other campers and guests and it's like old times by the end of their stay. We are very blessed to have friendly guests that have like minds and have tons of fun. Glad you became part of the Low Key Family, come back real soon!!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Absolutely loved our time at LKH. My husband and I stayed in Room #5 very close to the Tiki Bar. The room was immaculate, well-stocked and comfortable with wonderful personal touches and Pat's gorgeous photography on the walls. Amber, Jay, Pat and Cindy were incredibly friendly and welcoming, making great recommendations on places to eat and the best pizza delivery in town. The garden is like a living work of art that makes wonderful use of recycled materials. If you want atmosphere and friendly people, stay at the Low Key Hideaway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Love your photographs!! You captured a lot of what this place is about. Glad you enjoyed your stay and I agree with you, this is a fun place with great people and guests like you make it that way. Thanks for the kind words and we will see you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

My Mrs and I stayed here for one night on our final night of our road trip of over 2000 miles, and it was a great place to end after staying in a few major cities. The staff were very welcoming when we arrived and our room felt more like a friends house than a hotel room (the bed was amazing). What I liked most about this place was how other guests interact with others, and a very friendly vibe is made as soon as you walk in.
Be sure to try the Tiki Bar, it is very unique and popular with the locals, which is always a good sign.

Room Tip: Suit 2 which had reclining sofas and amazing comfy bed
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

I have responded to you review once and i"m not sure what happened to it but it's now gone. I just wanted to say thank you for taking your time to write your thoughts and I'm glad we got to spend a day with you.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were looking for a long week end getaway that wasn't too far from home. Having spent a big portion of my childhood on Tybee Island, Georgia, I was looking for a laid back beachtown and a friend suggested Cedar Key. We came across the Low Key Hidaway on line and it looked great. We were not disappointed!!! From the phone call to book until we left, everyone was a pleasure to deal with. The rooms were clean and had lots of room (We stayed in #4), the grounds were well maintaned and the Tiki Bar was a great evening hangout. Pat and Cindy have a great place! Laid back, funky and friendly! And like us, they are "dog people" too...so we got to enjoy the trip with our English Bulldog and Maltese. Be sure to spend some time at the Tiki Bar. It is a good mix of visitors and locals. Everyone was super friendly and never at a loss with a story or suggestions on what to do while in Cedar Key. I didn't want to leave and head back to the real world. we are planning to come back soon and hopefully stay longer next trip. Again, Cindy and Pat, thanks for a great time and such a great place! Chris Hinely

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

We had a great time with you Chris, what a nice guy with great conversation. My husband is begging for a new English Bull dog now that he met yours. Hope to see you again soon it's always great to meet another Bloody Mary drinker!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We found this place on the Internet and were intrigued by the unique nature of the lodgings. The website is excellent as it shows pix of each room. We chose the 'purple room' (#5) which is the end of the room near the Tiki Bar. Rooms are clean, bed is awesome and the kitchen is stocked with coffee and other incidentals. There is random seating throughout the grounds; swings, adirondeck chairs, cafe tables and chairs, etc. Four of the five rooms open onto decks overlooking lush landscaping. The owners' pride in the place shows. The Tiki Bar is something else that has to be experienced. Although there are only five adult rooms for rent, the number of locals that frequent the Tiki Bar is many.

Pat & Cindy share their extensive knowledge of the area and its culture. Ask Pat about the wild boar that frequent the area!

Great place for relaxing and fishing - would definitely return and suggest reserving far in advance to guarantee occupancy.

Room Tip: We loved Room #5 which is on the end. If you are early to bed, the adjacent Tiki Bar may be a bit noisy for your liking. However, it closes at 9PM, so not an all night issue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

I read this review and asked Pat what tall tale he was telling that you might think we have wild boar running around the property? He explained to me his advising Y'all to stay off the road to Chiefland at night because of how many boar are on that road. We both got a kick out of thought of a wild boar at the Tiki bar, waiting for a frozen "Hideaway". We enjoyed your stay here and I'm sure Pat bent your ear for a while filling you with all of his useless knowledge that keeps us all entertained. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your input and hope to see you again.