“WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Savannah, Georgia
“WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We were looking for a long week end getaway that wasn't too far from home. Having spent a big portion of my childhood on Tybee Island, Georgia, I was looking for a laid back beachtown and a friend suggested Cedar Key. We came across the Low Key Hidaway on line and it looked great. We were not disappointed!!! From the phone call to book until we left, everyone was a pleasure to deal with. The rooms were clean and had lots of room (We stayed in #4), the grounds were well maintaned and the Tiki Bar was a great evening hangout. Pat and Cindy have a great place! Laid back, funky and friendly! And like us, they are "dog people" too...so we got to enjoy the trip with our English Bulldog and Maltese. Be sure to spend some time at the Tiki Bar. It is a good mix of visitors and locals. Everyone was super friendly and never at a loss with a story or suggestions on what to do while in Cedar Key. I didn't want to leave and head back to the real world. we are planning to come back soon and hopefully stay longer next trip. Again, Cindy and Pat, thanks for a great time and such a great place! Chris Hinely

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We had a great time with you Chris, what a nice guy with great conversation. My husband is begging for a new English Bull dog now that he met yours. Hope to see you again soon it's always great to meet another Bloody Mary drinker!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Tampa Bay
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We found this place on the Internet and were intrigued by the unique nature of the lodgings. The website is excellent as it shows pix of each room. We chose the 'purple room' (#5) which is the end of the room near the Tiki Bar. Rooms are clean, bed is awesome and the kitchen is stocked with coffee and other incidentals. There is random seating throughout the grounds; swings, adirondeck chairs, cafe tables and chairs, etc. Four of the five rooms open onto decks overlooking lush landscaping. The owners' pride in the place shows. The Tiki Bar is something else that has to be experienced. Although there are only five adult rooms for rent, the number of locals that frequent the Tiki Bar is many.

Pat & Cindy share their extensive knowledge of the area and its culture. Ask Pat about the wild boar that frequent the area!

Great place for relaxing and fishing - would definitely return and suggest reserving far in advance to guarantee occupancy.

Room Tip: We loved Room #5 which is on the end. If you are early to bed, the adjacent Tiki Bar may be a bit n...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I read this review and asked Pat what tall tale he was telling that you might think we have wild boar running around the property? He explained to me his advising Y'all to stay off the road to Chiefland at night because of how many boar are on that road. We both got a kick out of thought of a wild boar at the Tiki bar, waiting for a frozen "Hideaway". We enjoyed your stay here and I'm sure Pat bent your ear for a while filling you with all of his useless knowledge that keeps us all entertained. Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your input and hope to see you again.
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at the Island Hotel in the past, but when I called, they were completely booked. I looked up Cedar Key hotels and was taken by the reviews for Low-Key Hidaway. Luckily for us, they had a room. One of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. We met our next door neighbors as they basked in the morning sun, shared rooms (each differently furnished). We wanted to stay another night, but rooms already booked. However, the helpful assistant manager recommended, called and got us a discounted rate at another place. We went back to the Fiji Bar that evening and were welcomed warmly. A wonderful place!

• Stayed March 2013
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate you for the additional night however I am very happy to have had your company for the first night. I believe your room was the one that we had just put a new mattress in and have gotten rave reviews on the comfort, so good I'm trying to talk Pat into buying us one! Thanks for taking the time to say some kind words, we really appreciate that.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is a great little place. Very creative decor and furnishings, but clean and well maintained. They have an on-site tiki bar with some real characters - fun to talk to. This place isn't in "central" Cedar Key, it's up the road a bit. But it's a pretty authentic place just outside a very touristy town. Stay here unless you're looking for a generic experience!

We had a lot of fun in the tiki bar, but had no problem finding privacy. We're not early-to-bed types; if you are you may want to request a room or RV site a little detached from the bar. It didn't bother us.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carl J
I swear, that Tiki Bar has become such a hit since we put the fireplace in. Very happy you enjoyed your visit and thanks so much for the thoughtful words, we love this place and really have overzealous minds when it comes to creative design, it's actually a flaw that we were both born with. Thanks again
Hartland, Michigan
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hosts are fantastic, warm and friendly!
The rooms are clean and uniquely decorated.
** The Beds are Comfy!!!! **
The view to the water is peaceful and relaxing.
Rates are super reasonable.
Thanks for a great experience!
We will be back!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DeAnn742
Well come on back! We have a bit more time to spend with guests now and you and Kyle can go out fishing with us. Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing you both again very soon.
Carlyle, Illinois, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed in our RV, but they have 5 rooms, also. The view of the sunset is perfect, the tiki bar was absolutely the best place to have a drink, watch the sunset and spend time meeting great people. Especially the bar tender. Can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ya'll stayed in the same spot that we stayed on our first visit to Cedar Key. We found the place on accident, intended to be here for one night and stayed a week. Cedar Key never left our thoughts and 3 years later we were living here, in the same spot in the RV park. The view, the sounds of the birds and the breezes was something we enjoy forever, I very glad you had the same experience we had. Hopefully that wont be the last time we see you.
Palmer, Alaska
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have been waiting for a long time to stay here!!! I drove my fifthwheel trailer from Alaska to Florida, and one of my goals was to stay here at LKH. We loved the quirky decor and the colors and the abstract art that abounds around the Low Key Hideaway. Evidently the secret is out -- I had a terrible time making reservations for my fifth wheel trailer that fit with my travel schedule. They were unable to accomodate me with my RV, so my beautiful wife and I drove to the hotel and stayed in one of the rooms, Su-weet 3 to be exact. We loved this room, now not to be confused with Sweet 1 or Suite 2, as each room had its own unique Suite name, which we loved. As we arrived, we were greeted by Sarah - the same Sarah who took my resveration. She was amazingly sweet - "no Pun intended" - and made us feel very welcomed. We settled in for the evening and sat on the dock and got sunburned... we then made the pilgrimage to the onsite TIKI BAR for a couple of adult beverages. The bartender was very talkative and we enjoyed livley conversation with the other guests. Su-weet 3 had a huge king size bed that was freaking awesome, and we slept great. It also had a kitchenette and 2 big ole comfy chairs in the "living room" with a very nice flat screen TV. The bedroom was equipped with a very nice flat screen TV as well. We had a veranda that faced the sunset but we utlized the dock to watch the amazing sunset. The next morning we were greeted by an amazing sunset from the east - it was a great experience. We were checked out by Amber, another awesome worker at the LKH. I had hoped to have more face time with the owners, Pat and Cindy, but they are very popular and we had limited conversation in the TIKI BAR. ALL in ALL this was an amazing experience. The only down side is if you are hungry, food delivery is limited from the local restaurants, especially on a Sunday night. Not anything that Pat or Cindy could control. We loved this place and we will put this on our future agenda again and again!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I only wish we had not committed our selves to other plans when you were here. Pat and I would have loved to here some of your travel stories, I'm sure you have quite a few, traveling from Alaska to who knows where. Maybe when we fulfill our dream to one day visit Alaska, we can hunt you down and ask you for a tour of your favorite places. Thank You for the awesome review and I do hope our paths meet again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Key
#8 of 12 in Cedar Key
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Low-Key Hideaway? Share your experiences!