“Dogs Welcomed! Biker Friendly!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Ontario
“Dogs Welcomed! Biker Friendly!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Such a pleasant experience. Our dog was met with enthusiasm, not reluctance. No outrageous "pet fee," only a modest $10 more. The rooms have a back door that goes directly out to a grassy area with a gorgeous, unobstructed view, so while your dog sniffs around, you can soak up the sights. Dogs are welcome in the Tiki Bar, too, which makes it all the more enjoyable. We are not bikers, but everywhere we went in this lovely area had "bikers welcome" signs and you can tell that recreational bikers love this place. Everyone was polite, considerate, kind and ready to be friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank stkittchick
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
We have many people that tell us that even their dogs kick back and relax when they get here. I think dogs know where they are welcome and this is definitely one of those places. It sounds like you spent some time in the Adirondack chairs out back, one of my favorite spots to watch the sunset whenever I get a chance. Thank you for your time in writing a review and have you have a chance to come back and see us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
UK
Reviewed January 18, 2013

What a stay!!! Completely unexpected as when we turned up it was on the side of a main road and I really didn't know what to expect!! Don't let this put you off!! Our room was great, a really comfy bed, with a fridge, decent shower and lovely set up! The tikki bar was great fun and we watched the world (and the tide) go by! What a view!!! This is a really special place! The views are really what made it for me! I won't forget the sunset and the friendly people!

Room Tip: We went for rom 3 - great!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Our season has kept me away from responding immediately to our awesome customers that take valuable time to write a review. So glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Low Key, I think the weather was warmer when Ya'll were here than it is now in at the end of March. Thanks again
Toronto
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I came back to read the reviews to figure out what we may have missed? The gang in the Tiki Bar partied away all evening on our second night. We had bought a bottle of wine earlier in the day and hoped to share a glass in a 'low key' way out front on the porch. It didn't work.

This is a very clean, nicely decorated roadside motel. The reviews did not match our experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jlaway
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Well guys I hate to hear that we didn't meet your expectations. When I came out to visit with you on the patio I had no idea that you wanted to be alone or that you expected the Tiki Bar to be a quiet place. I know exactly which night you were talking about, it was our 3 year anniversary here in Cedar Key and the Tiki Bar was a bit rambunctious. I had brought out my the Karaoke machine and we enjoyed singing with our other guests until 8:30 and closed the bar before 10 pm. We do let people know on the web site that our Tiki Bar is open and we hope that it becomes a part of our guests experience here as a good thing, not a bother.

I apologize for your inconvenience and only wish that you would have come out and joined the rest of us fools when you realized we were having so much fun. I am glad that you enjoyed your room and I am sorry if you were unaware or were mislead about us having an open Tiki Bar. Thank you for your review, this is the only way that we know what our guests are thinking if they don't approach us while they are here.
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I loved this place! The room was clean and well decorated, especially with Pat's photographs. The bed was comfy, firm, and has comfortable pillows. Cindy and Pat are great hosts! They are patient when asked the usual questions. Amber, the assistant manager, came to see us especially to welcome us since she made the reservation but was not on site when we arrived. She was helpful with letting us know where places were and how to get there. The Tiki Bar was located right outside our door. Decorating style is eclectic and fun! A great escape! We will definitely return and stay again! Did I mention that I love this place! Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: All the rooms face west so you get a great view of sunset!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nightingale1972
Thanks so much for the great review especially hearing about Amber, we love that girl. It seemed like your time here was just to short and hope next time can be extended. When people ask us "The usual questions" we enjoy answering them due to the fact that we are talk-a-holics and can't say enough about our little town here and things to do. We look forward to next time!!
Sparta, Tennessee
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I just returned from 7 days at Low Key Hideaway. Outstanding experience. This was my first trip in my camper and it couldn't have been better. Cindy and Pat are wonderful hosts and went out of their way to make my experience as good as it could have been. They keep this gem of a place absolutely spotless. Amber, the assistant manager, was also very gracious and helpful.

The Tiki Bar... what can I say? The most unique little bar/gathering place for both guests and locals. Nobody's a stranger at the Tiki Bar. One night one of the locals brought in a bucket of clams and someone else steamed them in beer on the outside grill. Plate after of plate of steamed clams kept coming in the door until everyone was full. Well, maybe not so full, because then we ordered a large clam pizza and garlic knots from Island Pizzeria. (See my review for them) and THEN everyone was full.

How great was it? Well, I reserved 2 separate weeks for next year!

Thanks for everything Cindy, Pat, and Amber. You guys are the best

Room Tip: 4 of the rooms have rear patios. All are neat and clean.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Tom F
We enjoyed every minute of you Tom and look forward to your next stay! I am using the heck out of my Baby Q, thanks again.
Fl
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Visiting friends from Vancouver, Wa. wanted to see the real Florida gulf coast so we booked a night at the Low Key Hideaway for Thurs. Oct. 18. We were completely happy with everything there; clean and comfortable rooms, a nice area in back to relax, the tiki bar which was fun,
and a wonderful spot to watch a glorious sunset. Cindy and Pat were gracious hosts and gave us good information about the area. We were there a couple of days before the seafood festival and enjoyed Cedar Key without the crowds. Tony's clam chowder is as good as they claim.
Cedar Key is a little out of the way but the town and the hideaway make it worth the trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank CarandFra
I'm with you on the clam chowder, I don't even like chowder and I love Tony's. Hope to see you again and swap more stories at the Tiki Bar.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our first visit to this fishing village. Hotel is adorable. Location wonderful. People very friendly. The gulf sunset is beautiful. We had room 5. The purple door! Complete little apartment which was cute as a button. Everything you need down to beach towels. Would come back!

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank LindaSL
Very nice to hear you enjoyed your stay, maybe we can see you for more than one day next time. Sorry it took so long to respond but time just seemed to get away. Have a Happy New Year!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Key
#8 of 12 in Cedar Key
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Low-Key Hideaway? Share your experiences!