“One night stopover!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed our first visit to this fishing village. Hotel is adorable. Location wonderful. People very friendly. The gulf sunset is beautiful. We had room 5. The purple door! Complete little apartment which was cute as a button. Everything you need down to beach towels. Would come back!

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank LindaSL
lowkeyhideaway, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Very nice to hear you enjoyed your stay, maybe we can see you for more than one day next time. Sorry it took so long to respond but time just seemed to get away. Have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

we just returned home from 3 days at this lovely little motel. we were in room 4 was really impressed with how nice and clean it is , all you need to make your stay great. the people are great that run the place. i was walking out of my room one day a a coupe of ladies had stopped for a drink at the tiki bar, and were asking me about the place, so i just showed them my room as i was so pleased with it. we were here for the seafood festival which we come to every year, we always seem to end up somewhere that is out of business the next year and since we had made advance reservations had to scramble to fine a place. and we really lucked up. the dock is lovely to sit on and watch the mullet jump out of the water and the birds fly over head, we saw a pair of eagles. as you can tell was very happy and plan on trying to return next year for the seafood festival and the hideaway motel the cannons of lakelamd ,fl

2  Thank wendyLakeland_fl
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Hello to my festive friends! Thanks so much for being our tour guide at the Low Key, the ladies you showed the room to were so tickled by you and your family. I think the two of you found your favorite spot in our hanging chairs at the end of the dock, I have to say, that is my favorite spot to have an early cup of coffee in the morning. We look forward to seeing you again, maybe even before festival. Take care and Happy Halloween!!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Beware that once you stay at Low-Key Hideaway either in an RV slot or in the motel, you will never want to leave....and you will probably book your next stay before leaving!
We happened upon this bright little motel a few years ago but I have never taken the time to tell the world about our find. As a frequent traveler for pleasure and business I try to think about what makes this "feel good" motel in quiet Cedar Key, Florida so special. So here it is:
*Pat and Cindy - two of the most genuine, caring, and down to earth people we can now call friends
*The Tiki Bar - it has a way of welcoming you to sit, meet the great locals and others that come by and know that you will see many on your next trip. Pat has created a visual masterpiece with every eclectic addition having a story of its own
*The sunsets - Walk out to the end of the dock, sit in a basket chair, and be amazed at the never-boring Florida sky
*The rooms - Clean, clean, clean. The touches that Cindy comes up with make you smile
*The misc. touches - bikes to use, close proximity to town, on the frequent delivery route of Island Pizzeria, on the water, secluded, birders' heaven, people, a chair for all reasons

We hope anyone that stays here enjoys the great things that we love here.

Room Tip: 4 of the 5 rooms have 2 doors...one to the road and your car and the other to a view of the water.
3  Thank flkayaker

We only have a few more days until we meet again!! Can't wait to see you both and thanks so much for the great review.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

We're just home from two weeks touring Florida and we've seen amazing things & stayed in some great places but the highlight of the trip was out two nights at Low-Key Hideaway.What a gem this place is! From the moment we pulled up it was heaven - gorgeous tropically coloured motel style doors each with colour matched doors, lights & parking bays! The delightful Amber gave us such a warm welcome & even offered to do our food shopping for us as she was off the the store!
Beautiful room with gorgeous photos on the wall taken by the owners Pat & Cindy (We were in room 4)
Everything we could need was provided including a well supplied kitchen and a "back door" leading to a tropical garden paradise
Not to mention the boardwalk and deck out into the Gulf inlet on which this gem sits. Everyone mentions the sunsets but OH WOW THE SUNSETS
The fabbest Tikki bar has lots of gems to discover so we won't spoil it but will say we loved the company and the staff - it felt like being a local for two nights
You do feel like family - there are bikes to ride, friendly greetings all day long and people who genuinely care about your wellbeing and your stay.
Thank you Pat Cindy, Amber and the lovely gentleman behind the bar whose name I've forgotten (it was his first night but you'd never know!) We had such a wonderful time & adored Cedar Key. We will be back - two days is not enough. Heather & Daniel Cardwell UK

2  Thank Heather C

What a compliment that we were your favorite spot!! It was nice to welcome you into the Low Key family, we wish that you could have met a few more of our friends that are local here just so that you could see the dialect difference. Most people don't know that Cedar Key has a very slow southern drawl and in comparison to your fast paced accent it would have been a hoot to see you converse with our southern family. We hope we can meet again some time we would love to host the two of you for an extended stay. Be well and and stay warm over there.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

One can look back on my reviews and tell I have stayed in some pretty great places in some pretty cool locations. I am partial to Cozumel,Mexico for the view, the food, and the great people who work so hard to make it such a great place in my mind. I have found a place that makes me think twice about needing a passport. Unfortunately, it appears to be a secret that I have found out by accident and I don't want to screw the place up. It is of course the Low-Key Hideaway.
If you are looking for a place out of the way with expensive linens and the greatest food and beach in the land, look somewhere else. If you are looking for a nice, clean, comfortable room with a great Tiki Bar and the greatest Sunset...this is your place.
The couple that own this place apparently are in love with their profession. Walking around the small property they have given life and blood to make it the neatest,cleanest, coolest place around. The eye they have for photography give them the artistic ability to make this place a place you would want to not just stay....but live!
Immediately you meet them and like them. They work too darn hard to make you feel at home and to darn hard to make it the special place they have apparently dreamed of making. I was honored to see Pat and Cindys' world and life work.
We were in #5. The room was clean, cool, and had everything I needed! Even coffee for the pot in the morning. It is just a short drive to great food and live music but we ate quick and got the hell back to make sure we saw the sunset and spent time in such a special place.
Thank You Pat and Cindy for your hard work and dedication.
It is adult only. This in itself is work 500 a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Oh my goodness, we had so much fun with the two of you. I wouldn't call it putting up with you, I would say getting to know your wild side. What a great review you posted and you have been to some really cool places. We will have to hear some of those stories the next time you visit. Thanks again for the kind words, Pat and I are always so honored when people enjoy the little things that we work so hard on. They seem small but your appreciation of the little things is very much a joy to us. Till next time!!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a GREAT place to get away from it all. The rooms were very clean and had everything that you needed. We felt like family while we were there. I would highly recommend Low-Key Hideaway to anyone looking for a place to relax and have beautiful sunrises and sunsets! We will definitely be back!! Pat & Cindy are totally awesome!! :o) Thanks for all that you do!!

John & Rosie Gammell
Inverness, FL

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Skoobydew

Hey guys thanks for the kudos! We hope to see you next time your kayak fishing in Cedar Key. I hopefully will send you our book really soon, my friends loved you bracelets, Thank you.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are very biased in our review but with good reason. Pat is our son and Cindy is the catch of his life. The two couldn't be any better suited for each other and it shows in everything they do. Whether or not you are family when you stay at the Low Key Hideaway it is like coming home. They are so gracious and friendly and make me so proud to be their Mom. The views of the sunsets are even better than Pat's pictures and that is pretty hard to beat. I swore I wouldn't go home unless I saw a dolphin and Pat delivered with several dolphins playing in the wake of the boat. It was spectacular. For all you seniors who are looking for that perfect apartment in the cold months this is the best. There arn't enough words to express the joy we have in seeing our son and Daughter doing such a great job and loving every minute of it. What a life. We love you guys.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family