“Mom & Dad love it.”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We are very biased in our review but with good reason. Pat is our son and Cindy is the catch of his life. The two couldn't be any better suited for each other and it shows in everything they do. Whether or not you are family when you stay at the Low Key Hideaway it is like coming home. They are so gracious and friendly and make me so proud to be their Mom. The views of the sunsets are even better than Pat's pictures and that is pretty hard to beat. I swore I wouldn't go home unless I saw a dolphin and Pat delivered with several dolphins playing in the wake of the boat. It was spectacular. For all you seniors who are looking for that perfect apartment in the cold months this is the best. There arn't enough words to express the joy we have in seeing our son and Daughter doing such a great job and loving every minute of it. What a life. We love you guys.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Judy B
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

We love you too Mom!!

There are newer reviews for Low-Key Hideaway

Reviewed October 2, 2012

As locals, when we get a chance to go out for a couple coctails, we choose the Tiki Bar at Low-Key Hideaway. The view no matter what time of day is the best! Sunsets are incredible there though...front row seat! The quaint artsy decorated tiki bar is a place you never run out of things to look at...even the bartenders!! Pat & Cindy are gracious hosts and just plain fun to be around!! Thank you Pat & Cindy for choosing Cedar Key to hang your hat!!

1  Thank islandpizzeria

Thanks Chris and Dave, we couldn't have survived the last year without you. No really, you have kept us fed during those long days when I'm to tired to cook and that is very much appreciated. See you next time you have a chance to catch the sunset with us.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

theres a thought that instantly pops into your head as soon as you pull up into the parking lot at low key hideaway and thats , "wow......someone REALLY loves what they do."
when you meet Pat and Cindy, you get the same feeling you would from friends you havent seen in a while who had been expecting you and getting things ready for you while you were on the way in. You instantly become a friend and not just a room number.
when you get into your room, its perfect. its cozy and comfortable. not just physically, but as you look around, its amazing how the room quickly becomes "yours". After being amazed at all the thought and care put into the room, you step outside to explore.
litterally every inch of the property has been thought out. Its a living breathing work of art thats constantly changing and radiates the spirit of the place so much that it sticks to you. You look closer and over and over again you say, "i wouldve never thought to do that."
Walls built from bottles, antique bicycles, a door knob tree (seriously, they got one), strategically placed action figures and more create low key hideaway's unique and one of a kind style that cant be matched.
Walk into the Tiki Bar and be amazed at the "tree house for grown up's"(totally stole that from Cindy) that Pat has created. A cool collection of "stuff" from all over make up the walls. sit and chat about anything from sports to your favorite scary movies. When you sit down in the Tiki Bar, your not a guest, your a Low key'r. Hit up Pat and Cindy or some of the locals for some cool stuff to do while youre there.
And then........................the big event..................the Low Key sunset.
When the sun is just about to set theres a quick minute or two long hustle as pat grabs his camera and others get to their perfect viewing spot. Then just as sunset hits, life is put on pause for the next 15-20 minutes. Ive never in my life felt so excited about the sun going down. Its not just a sunset, its an event that happens every single day. People that miss it will even ask you , "hey how was the sunset last night??" Theres simply nothing like it. Pull out your camera and take full advantage of this chance to capture some of the wildest colors youve ever seen in the sky and to just be part of another thing that makes the Low key so special. Youll never look at the sun going down the same again.
Staying at The Low key Hideaway was the best decision my wife (of 5 days now) made. We wanted to go and spend our honeymoon in a place we had never been. we had no idea this place and the people there would become so special to us in just a couple of days. When youre there,youre not just staying there, youre part of it. Youre "in" it!

I hope this helps in making youre decision to visit Pat and Cindy at the Low key Hideaway and Cedar key. You wont regret it. I promise. But if everything i described, plus kayaks,airboats,airplane rides, amazing wildlife, beatiful scenery, the friendliest people in the world, great local seafood,cool shops and a whole lot more dont appeal to you.........well..........theres always Fargo.

enjoy.

Roy n Wendy

2  Thank roynwendy

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your new life together, you two are awesome and so glad to have met you both.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Cedar Key a few weeks ago, we chose Low-Key after reading all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The view from their dock was so relaxing and beautiful, plenty of seating when others came down to watch the sunset. The Tiki Bar was fun, and so close to all the rooms--just walk out your back door and you're there. The young ladies who worked in the bar were very friendly and enjoyable. Pat and Cindy are wonderful hosts and make everyone feel welcome. We look forward to returning and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank garynita
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

The sunsets here never get old, I see them every night and have yet to tire of the wonders that they present. So glad you enjoyed your stay here and love that the room was what you were looking for. I am the decorator inside and the gardens and Pat is all the eclectic stuff that makes this place a bit different than the rest, together we take pride in what we have accomplished and love to share it with guests like you.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed a weekend at Pat and Cindy's Low-Key Hideaway and it was fantastic! We cant wait to go back. We were impressed with every part of our visit, great rooms, relaxing outside sitting areas and the staff was wonderful. It was so nice to stay at a small place for a change instead of the large resorts we normally book. The tiki bar out back allowed us to get to know the staff and the other guests that were staying there along with some of the locals. We were able to bring our golden retrievers along, and this really was nice for us. It was our first trip with our pets and they were so well received at the resort. Cindy even called us one day when we went to town for lunch and offered to walk them. Thanks everyone at the Low-Key Hideaway, Michelle and myself along with Kipper and Kody will return!

1  Thank Meemhull

We enjoyed meeting you both and your pups were just awesome. They seemed to feel really at home with us and I love that. Thanks for the visit and come see us again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Glad my wife and I chose this wonderful getaway in Cedar-Key Florida(we drove down from Tennessee).Just a great place to chill out ,relax and enjoy the extraordinary sunrise and sunsets.The "team" at the Cedar Key could not have been nicer from the moment we arrived.Room was immaculate,wonderful artwork on the walls,quiet,and a really cool
"Tiki Bar" out back where guests and locals gather to have a nice time.
The hosts were so friendly ,it was a pleasure,,,,highly recommend!!

1  Thank Claywe
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Pat, Amber and myself are all in agreement that the two of you were some of our most enjoyable guests ever. It's always nice to speak to curious guests and boast about the rich history and the quirkiness of our little island. I'm sure as much as Pat and I love to talk, you had your ears full, thanks for the bent ear and hearing your side of the many debatable conversations we had. We aren't that far from you, hope to meet again, try not to kill so many love bugs next time.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was on a long weekend and needed a place away from the crowds. I pulled in on September 5th at 4:30 p.m. Very hot day and no other guests were booked this week. After Amber checked me in I walked through the front door of the room (It is very unassuming from the road) into a neat litttle king sized apartment. The room had the feel of "personality" to it. Fresh linens, little toy banks hidden on shelves, nice little kitchen. The room just felt comfortable. I then went through the back door of the suite and was dumbfounded by the huge back porch that spanned the length of the hotel. Great stuffed chairs and tables from one end to another. The entire back is a shangrala of wonderment. Great personal touches from door knobs attached to bird feeders to GI Joes and He man action figures climbing up the Tiki Bar wall, a large hammock I watched the stars in. Since I was the only guest I had free roam to explore and it was just fantastic! I watched the spectacular sunset from the bamboo swing chars on their long pier.

I was playing my acoustic guitar under the stars when Cindy and Pat returned from what appeared to be a day of boating. I was so relaxed I just said hello to Cindy before I even introduced my self. (Some solo guy under the back veranda playing a guitar by himself without a care must have seemed a little odd. Sorry Cindy, I didn't mean to startle you.)

I have traveled all over the country and cannot convey in words how nice this place is.

If you are going to Cedar Key this is the only place you need to stay.

Bravo on a great job you two have done!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank EduardocarochioM

Pat and I are always excited when we get a new review. He woke me up in the morning and read this one aloud to me and when he was finished I actually had tears in my eyes! Thank You Thank You Thank YOU!!!