“Read reviews, not disappointed!”
Review of Low-Key Hideaway

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Low-Key Hideaway
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Cedar Key
GreenLeadersGold level
“Read reviews, not disappointed!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I spent 3 nights in Cedar Key a few weeks ago, we chose Low-Key after reading all of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. Our room was comfortable, clean and spacious. The view from their dock was so relaxing and beautiful, plenty of seating when others came down to watch the sunset. The Tiki Bar was fun, and so close to all the rooms--just walk out your back door and you're there. The young ladies who worked in the bar were very friendly and enjoyable. Pat and Cindy are wonderful hosts and make everyone feel welcome. We look forward to returning and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank garynita
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
The sunsets here never get old, I see them every night and have yet to tire of the wonders that they present. So glad you enjoyed your stay here and love that the room was what you were looking for. I am the decorator inside and the gardens and Pat is all the eclectic stuff that makes this place a bit different than the rest, together we take pride in what we have accomplished and love to share it with guests like you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed a weekend at Pat and Cindy's Low-Key Hideaway and it was fantastic! We cant wait to go back. We were impressed with every part of our visit, great rooms, relaxing outside sitting areas and the staff was wonderful. It was so nice to stay at a small place for a change instead of the large resorts we normally book. The tiki bar out back allowed us to get to know the staff and the other guests that were staying there along with some of the locals. We were able to bring our golden retrievers along, and this really was nice for us. It was our first trip with our pets and they were so well received at the resort. Cindy even called us one day when we went to town for lunch and offered to walk them. Thanks everyone at the Low-Key Hideaway, Michelle and myself along with Kipper and Kody will return!

1 Thank Meemhull
We enjoyed meeting you both and your pups were just awesome. They seemed to feel really at home with us and I love that. Thanks for the visit and come see us again soon.
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Glad my wife and I chose this wonderful getaway in Cedar-Key Florida(we drove down from Tennessee).Just a great place to chill out ,relax and enjoy the extraordinary sunrise and sunsets.The "team" at the Cedar Key could not have been nicer from the moment we arrived.Room was immaculate,wonderful artwork on the walls,quiet,and a really cool
"Tiki Bar" out back where guests and locals gather to have a nice time.
The hosts were so friendly ,it was a pleasure,,,,highly recommend!!

1 Thank Claywe
everymilesamemory, Manager at Low-Key Hideaway, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Pat, Amber and myself are all in agreement that the two of you were some of our most enjoyable guests ever. It's always nice to speak to curious guests and boast about the rich history and the quirkiness of our little island. I'm sure as much as Pat and I love to talk, you had your ears full, thanks for the bent ear and hearing your side of the many debatable conversations we had. We aren't that far from you, hope to meet again, try not to kill so many love bugs next time.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was on a long weekend and needed a place away from the crowds. I pulled in on September 5th at 4:30 p.m. Very hot day and no other guests were booked this week. After Amber checked me in I walked through the front door of the room (It is very unassuming from the road) into a neat litttle king sized apartment. The room had the feel of "personality" to it. Fresh linens, little toy banks hidden on shelves, nice little kitchen. The room just felt comfortable. I then went through the back door of the suite and was dumbfounded by the huge back porch that spanned the length of the hotel. Great stuffed chairs and tables from one end to another. The entire back is a shangrala of wonderment. Great personal touches from door knobs attached to bird feeders to GI Joes and He man action figures climbing up the Tiki Bar wall, a large hammock I watched the stars in. Since I was the only guest I had free roam to explore and it was just fantastic! I watched the spectacular sunset from the bamboo swing chars on their long pier.

I was playing my acoustic guitar under the stars when Cindy and Pat returned from what appeared to be a day of boating. I was so relaxed I just said hello to Cindy before I even introduced my self. (Some solo guy under the back veranda playing a guitar by himself without a care must have seemed a little odd. Sorry Cindy, I didn't mean to startle you.)

I have traveled all over the country and cannot convey in words how nice this place is.

If you are going to Cedar Key this is the only place you need to stay.

Bravo on a great job you two have done!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank EduardocarochioM
Pat and I are always excited when we get a new review. He woke me up in the morning and read this one aloud to me and when he was finished I actually had tears in my eyes! Thank You Thank You Thank YOU!!!
mynurse101
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Picked this place based solely on Tripadvisor reviews. My husband and I came from Virginia in search of some R and R. Boy did we find it. We are already planning a return visit. I will be brief but try to be helpful.
1. Rooms impeccably decorated and CLEAN.
2. Cindy, Pat and Amber were extremely personable and helpful.
3. Tiki bar on property is relaxing with good conversation,soft music and killer strawberry daiquiris made by Pat.
4. Scenery is incredible with swinging chairs overlooking water.
5. Short walk, drive or bike ride into town area.

Georgia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Awesome, awesome place to stay! So laid back! Our room was clean and neat. They encourage you to relax! It is a very short drive into Cedar Key and restaurants. If you're looking for a quite place to chill out and wet a hook this is the place! A wonderful place to run away from the world!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Marsha K
I guess you were the guests that we unplugged your cable and shut off the internet to. Just kidding, we do love it when people can kick back and enjoy what our island has to offer so many things to take in, even from your back porch. A return guest is proof that what we do here is all worth it, thanks for the compliments, until next time.
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The management couple is doing a bang up job there. We stayed in room (suite) #5 and it was just great. Groovy tiki bar on the bay was not open because it was a very slow time of year and the weather was not good. Highly reccomend it though

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Scoobydo2
So sorry you didn't get to experience the Tiki Bar, we have so many eclectic people that like to hang out there. We are pretty much guaranteed to have some interesting conversations. I think we had record rain fall in August which kept the doors closed a bit more frequently than we like. Hope to see you next time and tell some lies with you in the Tiki Bar.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Key
#8 of 12 in Cedar Key
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Low-Key Hideaway? Share your experiences!