“Blue crab quiche and shrimp/grits were both INCREDIBLE! Wow!!!”

Kona Joe's Island Cafe
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: When you visit KONA JOE'S ISLAND CAFE, you're in for a treat. Experience our fresh gourmet coffee, scrumptious sandwiches and real fruit smoothies. Don't leave without a hand-dipped ice cream cone or a slice of Edie's famous Cedar Key Lime Pie. You'll love the friendly atmosphere of our cheery indoor and outdoor seating. Joe will spoil you as you enjoy your meal on our private deck, watching the pelicans play on the stunning Back Bayou.
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Capped it all off with homemade key lime pie and coconut custard pie...delicious! Great folks, very friendly, and a great view of the water. The proud new owners have obviously not missed a beat because everything was great!

3  Thank lawdy15

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Kona Joe is a really nice man with great food. I wish there were more items on the menu, but this is a small 'mom and pop' establishment, thank goodness, and you can't have big chain restaurant expectations. I was not impressed with Cedar Key - there was no real beach and nothing to do there - but I did like Kona Joe and might return to CK on my way down to Sarasota just to eat at Kona Joe again.

1  Thank hoovermom j
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love love loved Kona Joes. Relaxing place to enjoy a morning coffee or homemade quiche. The owners were so friendly and fun to be around. I spent all my mornings of my vacation here at Kona Joes, and I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Gypsyworld5
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The ladies were wonderful, the food was excellent we had the chicken salad sandwich, the shrimp and grits are out of this world and I don't eat grits at all. Can't wait to go again.♡♡♡♡

3  Thank pixiecows
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Crab quiche was fabulous!!! The shrimp and grits was truly the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!! Had to come back and get shrimp and grits to take home.