“Wonderful Brunch and Great View!!”

Kona Joe's Island Cafe
Ranked #1 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: When you visit KONA JOE'S ISLAND CAFE, you're in for a treat. Experience our fresh gourmet coffee, scrumptious sandwiches and real fruit smoothies. Don't leave without a hand-dipped ice cream cone or a slice of Edie's famous Cedar Key Lime Pie. You'll love the friendly atmosphere of our cheery indoor and outdoor seating. Joe will spoil you as you enjoy your meal on our private deck, watching the pelicans play on the stunning Back Bayou.
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We always have a great meal when dining at Kona Joe's. Joe is an awesome host and his wife is a wonderful chef and her daily specials are always wonderful. Friday I had her Shrimp Salad Sandwich and was out of this world. There was a nice breeze on the back deck and plenty of birds to watch. Just great.

ediezap, Manager at Kona Joe's Island Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks for coming by and visiting with us on Friday. Glad you liked our wonderful shrimp salad on croissant and the great view from our back deck. Joe does a wonderful job with customers and we always try to serve the highest quality foods at a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I saw the great reviews for Kona Joe's, so I had to check it out. We absolutely loved it! Not only is the food fantastic, but Joe and David were so funny and kind! Joe makes it a point to keep the place spic and span, and to make every single patron feel welcome. The view off the back is spectacular. Watching the mullet fly across the water while eating THE BEST CRAB QUICHE EVER was awesome!

I couldn't find any other place on this tiny island to eat breakfast that could possibly compare to Kona Joe's. I live in Charleston, SC, which is overflowing with world-renowned chefs and restaurants. I know what I am talking about, folks! I ate here on Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and then on Sunday morning before leaving. Yes, that is how much I loved both the guys and the food. Go and have the quiche (better get up and over there before it's gone) and a glass of fresh juice. Your day will already be off to an awesome start. Go back and order a greek salad with some chicken salad on top (thanks again guys for pulling this one together for me-told you it was going to be awesome!) for your lunch. Take your dog. Take your wife. Take whatever or whoever and just GO!

ediezap, Manager at Kona Joe's Island Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Thanks for coming to visit us and thanks for coming back meal after meal! We try diligently to provide a quality experience for all of our customers from the food to the service to the view (we can't always get the mullet to work with us =) ). And yes, we do have a good time while at work, we hope our customers enjoy this part of their experience. So glad that you enjoyed our blue crab quiche and our chicken salad, both signature items for us, along with some other menu items that you mentioned. Yes, we are also dog-friendly. Hope to see you again when you return to Cedar Key.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I love their homemade chicken salad sandwich and bacon egg and cheese sandwich. All of their food is fresh and delicious. You can inside or outside or take your order to go. Best to call it in first and then pick it up. Very best to stay there and eat because it is charming and has a water back bayou view. Cozy, peaceful and clean. Did I mention the peanut butter cold coffee ice-cream drink? Need I say more!

ediezap, Manager at Kona Joe's Island Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Glad that you enjoyed our chicken salad sandwich, it is one of our signature items. We make it fresh multiple times a day. Also glad that you enjoyed the breakfast sandwich, most of our customers really like these tasty meals. Each sandwich is a filling meal in itself. You also discovered our frozen coffee frappes, the peanut butter and chocolate/peanut butter are favorites of both locals and tourists. Thanks for your visit to Kona Joe's and again we are glad you enjoyed everything.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We always enjoy our trips to Cedar Key and this time was even better. We had breakfast and lunch at Kona Joe,s. Our breakfast was amazing , I had the crab quiche and I was in heaven!!! While waiting on my breakfast I enjoyed my morning cup of coffee, so delicious and looking out back I was entertained my one of the many birds, I guess he was looking for breakfast too! It's just great to have a few days here on the island to unwind from the hustle and bustle of city life. I really enjoyed my visit and eating at Kona Joe's, and look forward to my next trip!

Glad your visit back to your hometown was enhanced by coming to Kona Joe's for breakfast and lunch. It is fun to sit in the back and watch the birds and fish around the back bayou. We do try to offer very tasty, affordable meals for breakfast and lunch for folks in town. We look forward to your next time in town.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Disappointed in this place. The breakfast sandwich was very average...I enjoy fast food breakfast as much or more...

ediezap, Manager at Kona Joe's Island Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

So thrilled that you loved our blue crab quiche and that it was a great start to your weekend for the Seafood Festival. Glad your husband enjoyed the philly! You had the perfect spot that weekend on our back porch.

Been to Kona Joe's Island Cafe? Share your experiences!