“Breakfast on the run - Tasty!”

Kona Joe's Island Cafe
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: When you visit KONA JOE'S ISLAND CAFE, you're in for a treat. Experience our fresh gourmet coffee, scrumptious sandwiches and real fruit smoothies. Don't leave without a hand-dipped ice cream cone or a slice of Edie's famous Cedar Key Lime Pie. You'll love the friendly atmosphere of our cheery indoor and outdoor seating. Joe will spoil you as you enjoy your meal on our private deck, watching the pelicans play on the stunning Back Bayou.
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Breakfast sandwiches to go - egg, cheese and ham on a kaiser roll and a cinnamon bun - yummy! The new location is great - nice space, cute decor (love all the parrots!) and a great view! We'll catch you again on our way out of town!

Reviewed November 13, 2011

Home cooked food in a relaxed setting on the water. Joe and Edie were friendly and gracious hosts. They even put a candle on a muffin for my friends birthday celebration. Don't miss this great eating experience.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

After reading the reviews on here, I thought we should try it for lunch.
The chicken salad was recommended and so I got that. I suggested my husband get the turkey panini. My husband says he was a turkey for getting it. I don't know what it was!
but not what we expected. My sandwich was just so-so. I don't care for grapes in my chicken salad.
The owners are hard working and very nice and so I hate to write this.
Most seem to love the place

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I took my dog to Kona Joe's deck for a Saturday morning breakfast. We were both greeted warmly by Joe who gave my dog a treat. Joe told me his wife makes a great bacon and egg sandwich which is served on a kaiser roll. It was perfect. And even though I had the plain coffee and not the peanut butter blend, it was wonderful. The view of the bayou from the deck is very peaceful.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

We have busy schedules so we do alot of take out. Kona Joe's is a great place to take out or eat in. Better to dine in relax and enjoy the great water view from inside or out on their large porch. Great Home Cooking and Coffees Hot & Cold with or without ice-cream.