Calling this a Beach & Yacht Club is being inventive at best and dishonest at worst.
The yacht moorings have fallen into disrepair and into the water and probably haven't seen a sailing vessel since pirates stalked the local waters.It's certainly why you don't see any mention of them in the hotel amenities.
The tiny strip of beach was covered in seawood,rubbish and assorted detritus.
And there are few clubs that I know of where there is no room service,pool service or even an open front desk after 6pm.
In short the Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club is faded and scruffy, rather like my room which came with a sticky carpet, an A/C unit with only one setting ( Hurricane ) and the previous tenants half-eaten meal in the refrigerator. To watch TV from the bed I had to physically move it acroos the entire room to the kitchen although an extra long cable had been provided. How difficult would it be for this hotel to move a TV aerial socket from one side of the room to another rather than expect guests to shift a TV themselves ?
A tiny pool and a dour restaurant did little to dispel the gloom.
I'm all for Old Florida trying to sell the concept of a bygone time but for the money this place is charging you should at least get a few 21st Century necessities.
The only positive thing to report is what they couldn't mess up - the majestic view out to sea.
Avoid if you can.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fully equipped condominiums directly on the Gulf of Mexico in Cedar Key, Florida. We rent units by the day, week or month. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Cove Beach And Yacht Club
- Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club Hotel Cedar Key