“Happy Hour”

Duncan’s on the Gulf
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Visiting with Friends for Happy Hour on a Saturday night, happened to hear a very good band. This bar/restaurant has a new owner, we enjoyed the many craft beers they had!

1  Thank Bob A

Reviewed October 3, 2018

After being greeted by a "Not Opened" sign on a recommended restaurant for breakfast, we walked downtown and found Duncan's. What a wonderful surprise. Staff was so nice. Biscuits and gravy were excellent and had the best home fries in forever (we were told that paprika was the surprise ingredient). To top it off, the water view was super.

1  Thank chan2406
Reviewed September 30, 2018

We ate breakfast and each had eggs over easy along with bacon and home-fries and toast and sausage with biscuits and cheesy grits. Overall very good, bacon could have been crispier but I should have asked for the bacon that way. The quality of the bacon was fine. Sausage/gravy and biscuits were good but only one biscuit is included, a second biscuit would have been nice in order to use up the remaining sausage/gravy. Cheesy grits were very good. Booth we sat in was not the most comfortable but the view out onto the water makes up for that. Service was very good. In the evening we went to the bar area downstairs and they offer some craft beers along with other beers at very reasonable prices. It was a bit warm inside. We did notice some potential patrons walk in and then out and the two staff members never greeted them per say. My advice, when potential customers walk in they should be greeted with at least a how are you and or can I help you just so they feel welcome. We chatted with the two staff members but we had to initiate the conversations. Eventually they warmed up to us and we enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to Duncan’s for breakfast and sat inside. Belle was our waitress, and she was very friendly. There seems to be something for everyone on the menu. We both had the build your own omelette($11 each), with home fries, toast, and a side or of cheesy grits to share ($4). Oh, with coffee of course ($3). As you can see, the prices are a bit higher than normal, but we really thought the food and coffee were top notch. Everything was fresh. Belle was busy, so we didn’t see her many times. Three total times from start to finish. Our coffee cups were empty a little longer than expected, but again, she was very friendly when we did see her, and she would spend a minute or so just chatting. My one star off from 5 is 1/2 price and 1/2 service. Either way, we will be returning to Duncan’s in the future.

2  Thank Thomas R
Reviewed September 25, 2018

Stopped to have dinner on our recent trip to Cedar Key. My wife and I were very impressed with our meals and the service. I would make Duncan's a must place for dinner. They also have a fun bar downstairs which was fun too. The day we were there they had live music on their deck which was fun. You won't be disapointed.

Been to Duncan’s on the Gulf? Share your experiences!