TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
Unique views of Cedar Key from above!

Reviewed February 13, 2019
aggsys
via mobile
Tour from the sky

Reviewed February 4, 2018
kbyarlay
Auburn

All reviews commercial pilot marve franks veterans keys fun history
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Pilot Marv was a delight. He clearly loves sharing the area from above. His plane was comfortable and he explained everything upfront and what to expect. We got loaded in and we rolled to the runway. I was in the back seat while my wife sat upfront. As we took off I was able to capture some great video of the takeoff. Once we were gaming altitude J got some great photos of the islands and keys below.

Overall, it was an amazing trip and the price was very reasonable to the value of the trip. It is not every day that you get the chance to see the place you are at from above.

I highly recommend this and know it will be the highlight of you trip to Cedar Key.

Date of experience: February 2019
Reviewed February 4, 2018

We took flight with Marv and his co-pilot, the Red Baron, for an aerial view of Cedar Key and it's clamming and oyster farming. Marv was a wealth of information about the history of the original Cedar Key island and other islands as well as the clamming industry. If you visit Cedar Key, plan on taking a short plane ride to get the full overview.

Date of experience: January 2018
1  Thank kbyarlay
Reviewed January 5, 2018

My Husband and I contacted marv when we arrived in town and he met us at the airstrip. He was an awesome pilot and guide. Very reasonable and knowledgeable about the Cedar Key.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed November 14, 2017 via mobile

I surprised my wife with a fun trip to Cedar Key for her birthday. I also arranged with Marve to go for a trip around the local area. He was a great guide as flew the local are and made the trip fun and interesting. He normally offers flights at the weekend but was very accommodating and picked us up on time for about a 30 minute flight. Great value

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed June 24, 2017

Just went down a street along the coast of Cedar Key and found the Cedar Key airport. A gentleman (Marve Franks) has a Cessna 170A plane and he takes people on a 20-25 mins air tour around Cedar Key and the islands around it. He tells you the story of Cedar Key, identify the other little islands and tell you about them; flies along the coast of the main street where all the stores/restaurants/condo rentals are at. Only $25 per person (two or more), $35 if only one person. Very interesting and fun. Marve is very friendly, mature gentleman. Has his commercial pilot license and it's an Air Force Veteran too!

Date of experience: June 2017