“We had a great time”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Cedar Key B&B and Inns
Seffner, Florida
“We had a great time”
Reviewed July 20, 2007

Our time in Cedar Key was fabulous. We were treated like family at the Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast. Alice, Bill and Cindy were great hosts with excellent ideas for sightseeing in town. My wife and I looked forward to the outstanding breakfasts and conversations each morning we were there. The accomodations and service went far beyond our expectations.

• Liked — The privacy
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank dtojr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Rochester, NY
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We arrived at Cedar Key B & B without a reservation and immediately loved the look of the property, especially the gardens! Frugal as usual, we selected one of the smaller queen rooms. The room was extremely clean, quaintly decorated, and charming with hardwood floors. Yes, it was small, with a tiny t.v. and barely enough room for luggage. (We appreciated the DVD selection, though we didn't have time to use them.) The bathroom had enough room to shower comfortably, though. Free tea and cookies, the resident cat, and the (included) breakfast on the enclosed porch were perks. The location was walking distance to everything (but most places in Cedar Key would be!)

• Liked — the gardens
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
7 Thank lkr15
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed February 17, 2007

Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast has lovely common areas and the management (we never met the owners during our three-day stay) provide access to the kitchen for a microwave, plates, glasses, ice, and filtered water. Coffee and tea are available 24/7, along with cookies, biscotti, pretzels, and chocolate candy. The side porch and small yard are beautiful and inviting; the other guests (mostly an older crowd) were friendly. Breakfast was very filling; lots of waffles, pancakes, and breakfast meats--nicely cooked and presented, but basically inexpensive food. Most of the rooms are small; they look nice, but are a bit worn. The tree-house efficiency is interesting, but you could pay about 1/3 and stay at the Park Place Hotel and have a bit more space. All in all, a good stay, but, if I came to Cedar Key again, I would look around for something less expensive or more spacious.

Stayed February 2007
1 Thank emilee l
Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2006

My stay was Sept 2, 2006
I continue to come back to Cedar Key Bed & Breakfast. I find it so relaxing and comfortable. The hosts, Bill & Alice Phillips make me feel like family. I live in Connnecticut and have stayed now 5 times over the past 3 years at their awesome bed and breakfast.
The comfortable beds, the wonderful full breakfasts the private, quiet and beautiful yard along with the proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and down town all continue to lure me to this special place.
The B&B has 7 rooms and 2 suites. Some rooms have TV/DVD with movies. I stayed in Nanna's room which is one of their smaller rooms...But I find it perfect...It is so cozy and comfortable...And it does have the TV.
I enjoy relaxing in the quiet back yard or making the 5 minute walk down town to shop or eat. There are many shops and serveral great places to eat.
I will continue to come back again and again.
LBH

Stayed September 2006
3 Thank LBHunley
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed May 30, 2006

My wife and I spent the Memorial Day 2006 weekend at the Cedar Key B+B. If you want to escape, de-stress, and recharge away from the rigours of everyday life, this is the place to come. We hardly did anything the whole time we were there, but we couldn't have been happier with the experience.

Breakfasts were extravagant and tempting - the homemade pancake platter in particular was excellent. The food in general on Cedar Key was decent, but it couldn't touch the breakfasts we had here each morning. Unlimited cookies and other snacks were a nice addition as well.

Each room has different amenities, but in general they all seemed well kept up and inviting. Our room (called the Summer Kitchen) was a bit cramped, but it connected directly to the back porch, which was a huge plus for us. Many of the other rooms are actually quite large, with the honeymoon suite topping them all (this is where we'll be staying next time!)

Away from the main roads, the inn is sheltered from most sources of noise (not to mention other people), so at times it feels like you have the whole area to yourself. Even so, you are still within walking distance of all of Cedar Key's restaurants and attractions.

We spent most of our days sitting on the back porch, reading, talking, or just watching the day go by. There are many activities to partake in if desired, but we had no problem filling a 4-day span squarely in a pair of comfortable rocking chairs, facing the inn's well-maintained garden and sprawling oak trees.

Overall, a highly recommended (and affordable) haven of rest and relaxation.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank mgreig
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 22, 2004

My husband and I arrived here feeling worn out due to a bad experience at our previous bed and breakast. Bill and Alice provided us with wonderful accomodations, delicious food, and the warm welcome that we needed to finish our vacation trip around Florida. We feel quite at ease recommending this beautiful inn to any person who is interested in finding a wonderful place to stay on Cedar Key. As my husband stated, this is Bed and Breakfast done right!

• Stayed June 2004
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cedar Key, Florida
Reviewed August 30, 2003

We have housed several visiting guests here and I stayed here upon my first visit to Cedar Key, as well as, made it the place for our wedding reception. The lovely site, trees, water view in the back ground cannot be matched anywhere. I recommend it highly.

10 Thank CedarKeyAl
Cedar Cove Beach & Yacht Club
No photo provided
Withlacoochee Motel
#2 of 2 in Inglis

Been to Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!