“Nice place to visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Cedar Key B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed in the tree house and it was lovely. A nice little self-sufficient apartment. The breakfast area and yard are very pretty, and the kitchen is open to guests. The breakfasts were good, and the afternoon cookies were a nice touch. We found that we liked everyone we met staying there, which is a nice testament to Cedar Key, and specifically the B&B.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ReneeRon
There are newer reviews for Cedar Key Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Very convenient to main street of Cedar Key, but in a quiet area. Garden area is lovely. We stayed in Jack's Room (7). Just a bit of deferred maintenance. Loved the bottomless cookie jar.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank 1sjh
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We loved our stay at Cedar Keys on our first visit to the States from the UK. Alice made us feel so welcome and helped us to plan our day. Our stay in the Girls Room was a treat. The private balcony looking out into the magnificent oak trees was a lovely place to sit. Breakfast was a delicious homemade selection. A beautiful house in a fascinating town. The boat trip with Captain Doug is well worth doing. Thank you Alice - a memorable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I arrived too early for the official check-in time, but was told they would hurry to get my room ready if I wanted to go ahead and check in. When I told them not to hurry, they told me they would leave the door unlocked with my key inside.
First of all, Alice, the owner, is an excellent hostess and goes over and above to see that her guests are well taken care of. She treats her guests the way she herself would like to be treated. The breakfast is quite filling and was delicious. I went in a bit early and got my coffee and sat down at a table while visiting with other guests. The food was served promptly at 9:00, which was perfect for me. Fresh fruit and juice was available before breakfast was served as well.
The room was charming and decorated in the Victorian style of the age of the house. I"ve stayed at other B & B's, and this was one better-priced and the breakfast was better as well. The yard and porch were very inviting and comfortable to visit with other guests. In addition, bikes are available at no extra charge, so I used one to go see the state museum.
I would highly recommend this place to anyone traveling to Cedar Key who wants a taste of the history of the area.

Room Tip: Rooms are available upstairs or down, so I'd suggest whatever is more comfortable for you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bluewater09
Reviewed March 11, 2012

What a wonderful place! We just returned from celebrating our daughter's 11th birthday. She wants to go back for her 12th. Everything was perfect. We arrived late, but we still felt the warm welcome. Alice had everything picture perfect. We had a welcome letter with the key to our room waiting for us, inviting us to make ourselves at home. It only took seconds for my daughter (and my husband) to find the bottomless cookie jar...yummy! The entire property was just beautiful and so comfortable with so many cozy areas to enjoy from the swing under the giant oak tree to the comfy bench seat by the relaxing fountain and pond. We met some of the nicest people during our stay and enjoyed chatting with them on the huge porch and in the dining room at breakfast. The breakfasts, by the way, were fabulous; homemade and delicious!
We stayed in Jack's Room. We were delighted with it. The room was more than spacious enough for the three of us. Our king bed was so comfortable and our daughter slept like a baby on the day bed. The bathroom was awesome. It was absolutely charming with a claw foot tub I could hardly get my daughter out of and an enormous shower. Alice has seen to every detail.
We took advantage of the bicycles Alice has on the property for her guests to use. My daughter was delighted with the two-person bicycle, which she rode with her daddy, and I had my choice of several others. We rode all day, enjoying everything the quaint little town had to offer. We stopped by our room several times during the day and each time were warmly welcomed by BB, the resident kitty. What a sweet baby. He was always willing to accept affection and make us feel like we belonged there.
It was obvious to us that Alice loves her B & B. We couldn't have asked for more from her and wouldn't want her to change a thing! What a great stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank clz63
Reviewed March 8, 2012

A very quaint B & B, within walking distance of island's central block and waterfront.
A lovely breakfast is served, but not until 9:00. (I would suggest 8:30)
A stunningly beautiful 400+ live oak tree is the dramatic
centerpiece of their yard. Be prepared for the room to be a bit antiquated for the price,
but the bed was cozy. It's an historic old house, so we could hear other adjoining rooms.
TV was a bit tricky to operate, but who needs it when you're on vacation?
Warm friendly staff.

Room Tip: If you want a more romantic quiet, maybe choose a remote room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

Just returned to Michigan after 7 nights in Cedar Key. The Inn Keeper, Alice, gave first class service. She is so aware of every detail to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast changed every morning & was absolutely delicious! We stayed 2 nights at the Sunrise which is on the Gulf. Very roomy & clean. Loved the large porch to view the waters. The next 5 nights were in the Tree House - just a delight! I was a little afraid that it might seem small to us after the Sunrise, but was pleasantly surprised at the size. The front porch at the B&B was so nice to just sit & chat with other travelers or to just read the paper and eat her tasty cookies. Location was perfect! 1 block from the water, and just a few blocks from downtown, so it was quiet but close enough. I had booked this B&B without any knowledge but past reviews from travelers, and so happy we did. Definitely First Class! P.S. My dog loved the stay too.

Room Tip: Sunrise very nice on water - two spacious bedrooms and large living area with separate Florida room...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple