“WOW!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Key
Park Place in Cedar Key
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I'll say it again - wow! The condo we rented for a week was just as cute and roomy as it looked on their website, and was squeaky clean. The staff all bent over backward to make sure we had everything we needed, from the delightful young lady who worked the front desk, to the friendly and attentive housekeeping staff, and let's not forget Mr. Leo, the feline welcoming committee.

Although climbing three flights of stairs with all our luggage was not a lot of fun (they publish that they have no elevator so we knew in advance), it was worth the climb when we arrived.

I would highly suggest not getting a first floor room if you want to enjoy the view of the gulf, as trucks and boats do park on the street right in front, some for days at a time.

We will definitely return to Park Place again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank gawildcats

Reviewed January 10, 2009

Was at Park Place Jan. 1st to 4th, 2009
Three generations - myself, my daughter and 25 yr. old grandaughter selected Park Place after much deliberation. We have all three stayed at other places in Cedar Key but never with balcony views and almost on Dock St. So we were excited and happy at check-in time. With a corner, 1st floor room and swing, it was going to be a great stay. The housekeeping staff were very nice and accommadating. Alas, within a couple of hrs. our nice view was blocked by a pick-up truck and trailer...as it left the next day, our view was blocked by a boat and truck. We had less time with a view than without it. That was disappointing.

This is a quaint older condo place and while nicely furnished , clean and comfortable, we were bothered with tramping around overhead at all hours of day and nite. We did have two little yorkies that stayed cquiet in spite of this noisy distraction, until the very last day. As I went to check out, they knew they were going and were excited about it.

As I went into the office the clerk rudely handed me a bill which was overcharged, plus added the puppies in although I had her confirmation that stated the nightly rate which included them, she had added them on AND double charged nightly for the third person. As I tried to get her to correct the bill, she informed me she had heard the puppies and I said yes. Her rude comments made me remind her we had dealt with the noisy residents upstaris the past three nights. Her rudeness did not get any better...it got worse with her telling me I need to stay somewhere where I had no one over me next time!! Can you beat that ??

While I will definitely go back to Cedar Key, many times, I will never ever stay at Park Place again. The blocked view, the noisy guest overhead, being overchared and treated rudely was not acceptable. I've traveled to every state except Hawaii, been in all Maritine Providences of Canada, also Israel, Scotland, Wales. Englamd and never been treated more rudely than by this person.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This was a 2 night getaway by myself. I wasn't looking for anything but peace and quiet. December is off season for Cedar Key. Watch out - a lot of places are closed, particularly on Monday.

I had no trouble getting a room without a reservation. Based on cars in the parking lot, I'd say the place was 1/4 to 1/3 occupied. I had studied the website and selected the top floor where studio condos include a loft bedroom. The place was clean, if a little worn. What were they thinking putting berber carpet in a rental condo? All appliances functioned, although the shower never ran much above lukewarm. The kitchen was adequately stocked, still I took all my meals out. The balcony was wonderful, and faced the town park and beach. The rate was surprisingly low, especially compared to comparable properties. If you are not familiar with Cedar Key, study a map and read websites carefully before selecting a place. Many places are on the water - most places you would not go in the water due to lack of sand, proximity to fishing operations, mangrove swamps, etc. I think most people would be satisfied with Park Place. If not, you probably don't want to stay at Cedar Key.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank BamaVol
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We recently stayed for two nights at the Park Place Motel attending the fabulous Seafood Festival and couldn't be more pleased. All units are privately owned condos. We stayed in condo #121 and it was EXTREMELY clean and had everything one would want. Furnishings were very attractive and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we have slept in away from home. The porch has 2 hanging swings that were absolutely wonderful. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We HIGHLY recommend this great place to stay while visiting the lovely, quiet town of Cedar Key.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sweetcFl
Reviewed July 13, 2008

When I go to Cedar Key and don't rent through a private agency, I choose Park Place. There is nothing fancy about it, but it is clean and a great value. The rooms I have stayed in are set up like studio condos and have a small sitting area, sleeping area, bath, and kitchenette with refrigerator. All have private balconies or patios with sliding glass doors for a gulf view. Everything you need for cooking in or grilling out is provided, as well as dishes and utensils. I think each unit is privately owned, but all are comparable in ammenities. They now have wireless internet but that is not a priority when we go to Cedar Key. Typically I go for a weekend getaway with my husband and dogs. The Park Place has a few pet friendly rooms, which is why it is among our top choices. The management does a good job maintaining the property and are super accommodating for late arrival or checkout. For this reason and the pet friendliness it deserves my above-average rating.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ad521
Reviewed May 13, 2008

Only stayed for one night, however would have no worries booking for a longer period, My wife and i had a loft unit, all amenities you would want with a lovely balcony with a view across the Gulf. nice to have a room with the security that allows you to leave windows open all night. plenty of towels, sheets and generous help from the staff, Only downside is the lack of pool and availability of food, however there are local shops to buy food from and as there s a kitchen preparation is not a problem.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2008

If you want clean, affordable, quiet, and a parking place. Then Park PLace is the place to be. We always go to Cedar Key in March. We found
Park Place our second year going there. It is by far the best place we have stayed. The units are exceptionally clean. The beds are so comfortable! All the units have balconies and kitchens. We were very skeptical at first because the rates are so reasonable but, we wouldnt
stay anywhere else now. Park Place is centrally located to everything.
The beach is right across the street and right down the block is the shopping district. The Island Inn restaurant has the best desserts!
You have to visit Annie's restaurant. They have the best atmosphere and food around!

Cedar Key is just a wonderful getaway from the craziness that life brings!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple