“Family dinner amazing views great Staff”
Review of 83 West

83 West
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Description: 83 West offers a unique dining and bar experience on Dock Street in Cedar Key. Currently serving our "Island Eats" bar menu with counter service on our first level. Come enjoy indoor open air dining, panoramic views, deck seating, full bar, 3 pool tables, and full bar. Our new refined casual dining addition, 29 North at 83 West will be opening early 2018, and will feature an elevated full service dining experience on our second floor, with views overlooking the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

Can't say enough about how awesome this place is. The owners really have gone above and beyond to get resettled after Hurricane Hermine. Kids love their food. It's freshest made to order seafood. Gator Kabob was delicious! Burgers are true angus freshly prepared and chicken wings were excellent appetizer. Definitely worth the $$ spent for dinner. We got to see dolphins playing while we waited for
Entrees. Where else can you get dinner and a show. Staff were professional, happy, and genuinely answered our menu questions as we had an allergy and they specifically made her food separate.

1  Thank Jammie C
Shannon S, General Manager at 83 West, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for joining us at 83 West! We are glad you enjoyed your experience. 83 West takes food allergies very serious, and we always take the necessary precautions for our guests with food allergies to ensure everyone can have a safe and delicious meal. Thank you for choosing to dine with us. We look forward to having you back soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2017

As vegetarians, we were happy to find some lunch options with a view at 83 West. My husband had an XL grilled cheese sandwich which really was XL and pretty tasty. I opted for the Island Heart of Palm salad (even though we were told they stole the recipe from the Island House Hotel) and some fried green tomatoes. I wish the waitress had clued me in as to how many fried green tomatoes were in the appetizer as I would not have ordered both had I known! The tomatoes were very good though and so was the salad. I was so in love with the ice cream dressing (which is why I got it in the first place) that I completely missed the fact that there was no heart of palm on the salad at all! (I noticed later that day after we had left the restaurant). We waited a long time to get additional drinks, to the point that we wanted to cancel the order but couldn't find the waitress. Our waitress was hit or miss so I rated the service average.

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

We got here sort of late on Sunday and 83 West was the only resturant that would seat us at 8:00 everybody else was not too helpful. Very nice and friendly folks. My pound of shrimp was generous and tasty. Beer and drinks cold and refreshing

Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

We got a table close to the window with a fantastic sea view. Most of the menu was seafood and probably what they do best. The cheeseburger was average.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

The beer drew me in, but the shrimp po'boy will take me back a thousand times. The service was great and the view of the Gulf was breathtaking. My daughters loved the grilled cheese and chicken fingers. The space was recently renovated and great for large, medium, and small groups. There is local history on the walls and it is close to shops, parking, the peer, and the playground/beach. Can't wait to go back!

Date of visit: June 2017

Been to 83 West? Share your experiences!