“If I owned a cafe, I would operate it exactly like Annie's cafe.”
Review of Annie's Cafe

Annie's Cafe
Ranked #4 of 32 Restaurants in Cedar Key
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed December 1, 2011

In addition to excellent local seafood and vegetables, the kitchen, dining area and restrooms were exceptionally clean, the entire staff friendly and competent . I think I had breakfast with the owner, but I couldn't tell, based on the conversations and actions of others around the dining area. I look forward to a return trip.

There are newer reviews for Annie's Cafe

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our first breakfast at Cedar Key was at Annie's. It looks like a run down shack and when you walk in its like stepping back in time. It has an Old Florida feel. Everyone is friendly and greet you with a "Good Morning!". Service is fast and the coffee is great! I had a breakfast sandwich and it was perfect for me. My husband had a full eggs and sausage breakfast which he loved. Portions are big. You won't go away hungry! A must do for breakfast if you visit Cedar Key!

1  Thank Mille S
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were looking for an inexpensive place to eat a quick lunch on our way out of Cedar Key. Many of the less expensive restaurants were closed (Tuesday), so we were happy to see that Annie's was open. Annie's is the opposite of fancy, but delightfully so. Wood tables, mostly with benches is where guests dine. We were a bit late for lunch, so they were out of our first choice. We ended up getting grilled cheese sandwiches, and a side of something sort of like a corn fritter. Both were served, unadorned on white plates. Fine. Tasted fine too. What we liked best about the little restaurant is that there were locals there, and our server was informative and fun, and helped us to understand what it's like to actually live on Cedar Key. Perfect; and under $12 after tax, but before tip.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We ate breakfast here 3 times during our few days in Cedar Key and loved it every single time. Annie’s is a cool little place on 6th St and Hwy 24 as you come into town. It’s not ‘cool’ in the sense of being air-conditioned; there is a giant fan blowing and it is waterfront, but on really hot days you may want to get Annie’s take-out. We ate inside the restaurant, and I got French Toast but sampled my mother’s biscuits, Western omelet, and knew I would get all that myself someday. We were sweating with no air conditioning, but the food was so good we forgot about the heat. I wish we could have done lunch, too. Annie has flexible hours. She has a dinner menu, but when we asked one Saturday when she closed, she said between 3 and 4 – irregular hours is a trend in Cedar Key with most places. Annie is one of those hard-working, no-nonsense gals who doesn’t sit around yacking with a silly smile plastered on her face, and that’s OK by me. The lady works hard, she gets things done, and she gets ‘em done right! I bought myself a cool Annie’s Café T-shirt with dogs on it. Highly recommended!

2  Thank RootlessRoamer
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We enjoyed going to Annies for breakfast. It was recommended by another restaurant as the place to go for breakfast and they were correct. Bacon and eggs were great and cooked just right. Thanks! Highly recommended!